PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: dropped my TP the other day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
I dropped mine from about 2 feet onto asphalt, got a nice dent i the metal chrome back and scratches on all 4 of the front plastic chrome. Ive found a silver sharpie matches nicely, but it seems to rub off quickly. Im going to try to color it in then leave it overnight to dry. Ive heard Sprint is aware of the problem, and stores have been swapping it out. Any one tried this?
Tried which part? Doesnt matter, I havent tried anything yet, lol. But im thinking about using some kind of coloring too... what did u have in mind? paint on my TP doesnt sound to enticing... although neither do my current scratches

Also, I don't really want to go through the hassle of swapping my phone at Best Buy since I got the insurance plan for it (like $6 a month or something). Backing up my files on my device and starting anew doesnt sound like much fun
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
arc
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

arc is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to arc Send a message via MSN to arc Send a message via Yahoo to arc
Drop Woes?

Has Anyone Here Had A Problem With Their Touch Pro After Dropping It? I Dropped Mine Today From No More Than 2 Feets As I Was Tethered And The Phone Shut Off, Rebooted To The Touch Pro Boot Screen And Kept Restarting, So I Plugged It In And Let it Sit And Now It Only Shows A Black Screen. No Words, Anything.. Any Ideas? When It Showed The Touch Pro Boot Screen I Went Into The bootloader And Tried To Reload The Rom I Was Using, But No Luck. Any Ideas On A Possible Fix?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Drop Woes?

Compact super-electronics like a touchpro, well, they just aren't meant to be dropped...Got Insurance????

Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
arc
Lurker

arc is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to arc Send a message via MSN to arc Send a message via Yahoo to arc

Yea I Would have Rather Fixed It Than Sent It Back In. I Also Didnt Know If Changing The Rom Would Void Out The Insurance Or Not.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

I dropped mine this weekend from a height of about 5 feet directly onto ceramic tile in my basement. It hit directly on the front top right corner, the battery cover came off and the battery came out. After rebooting and up to this point, it hasn't acted different at all. I think I got really lucky!

Good luck with yours man, hope you have the insurance.

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Old 12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dole is becoming a great contributor

Check the battery contacts... I've had the restarting in a loop problem before and it was because the contacts were bent. Not that it's related to the drop, but the contacts bend and can cause this problem to happen if you (or someone else) puts the battery in backwards, the drop might've just sent it over the edge (no pun intended.)
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
arc
Lurker

arc is a n00b

I Ended Up Calling Sprint And Telling Them The Story And They Sent Me To A Sprint Store And The Manager Checked For Water Damage And Then She Just Gave Me A New TP.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

str8bucs is just getting started

arc.... you luck dog!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro