PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PROBLEM: Sliding keyboard open ... launches previous background app (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46737)

skreemer7 11-28-2008 03:54 AM

Re: PROBLEM: Sliding keyboard open ... launches previous background app

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 546712)
so, if you goto text tab from tf and open kb and start reply this happens? im trying to duplicate the problem.

Yea, if I go to the text tab, click on a text and then open the kb, the text box shows up, i start typing, a few letters enter in the reply box, then the dialer comes up and the rest of the letters I typed start searching for contacts. If I X out of that, the landscape manilla is behind it, and not my text.

AycheDub 11-28-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 547393)
Yea, if I go to the text tab, click on a text and then open the kb, the text box shows up, i start typing, a few letters enter in the reply box, then the dialer comes up and the rest of the letters I typed start searching for contacts. If I X out of that, the landscape manilla is behind it, and not my text.

This does not happen in Juggalo's custom ROM v0.02.07B (or up, most likely.) I don't know what ROM you are using but I suggest flashing Juggalo's ROM.

mxl180 11-28-2008 02:34 PM

if I terminate cprog.exe .... the problem is gone. BUT cprog.exe is no longer there... what does it do?

skreemer7 11-29-2008 02:10 AM

Ah, sorry forgot to mention, I am on the stock rom from sprint. I dont want to flash to a different rom right now, so if someone has any suggestions, Id love to hear them.

Mxl, I'll try the cprog thing.

matthew23 11-29-2008 11:36 AM

i have same problem with sprint stock and i did install new taskbar icons...i think this is the problem somehow

Jok3sta 11-29-2008 04:12 PM

Im having the same EXACT problem. and i did install the Icons on my taskbar.. Its pretty annoying. I hope there is a fix where i can keep the icons

Sideman7 11-29-2008 04:26 PM

I already removed the new icons because of this exact problem. And it appears to be tied to the orientation sensor, not the keyboard. Use of the phone seems to trigger the issue (a soft reset fixes it until the phone is used again). For anyone experiencing the issue, open opera and then turn the device (to or from landscape) and boom- dialer (or whatever else it has decided to trigger).

lysolflow 11-29-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 546705)
Whenever I click on text messages and then slide open my keyboard and start typing, it goes to TF3D and then the dialer after it.

mine does that too...

lysolflow 11-29-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skreemer7 (Post 547393)

his happens to me alot... i turned off my touch flo, and it didnt seem to happen as much...

i dont know how to fix it now... but i know if you hit the messaging button on your keypad wen open...(to the right of the TXT button), it will take you directly back to the message that you were typing.... its not a fix... but it wont slow you down as much as it normally does...

mxl180 11-30-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysolflow (Post 549617)
his happens to me alot... i turned off my touch flo, and it didnt seem to happen as much...

I never had touch flo on... and it happened everyday.

Lets try to narrow it down to some common denominators.
We know it happens to sprint's rom, Juggalos Rom, JUGGS 4.0 rom.

I know for if I KILL cprog.exe the problem is gone. Do all roms use the same cprog.exe?
So it could be that.

Some report it seems to occur after a phone call.