PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Lightbulb Getting TouchFLO 3D to Work Faster...

What do you guys think? Do these registry edits work for you? It seems they worked here..

Quote:
Boost TFL3D Performance –> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072
Tested and works a treat. TF3D is sluggish and prone to long pauses before tweak, much faster afterwards

Boost TFL3D Performance –> HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs and change key Cachesize from 16384 to 32768
Much quicker than number 1 on it’s own, now stonkingly fast.

Wake Up on New SMS –> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <– set to “1″ by default. Change value to “0″
The Raphael (and the diamond on 1.93) now ring and vibrate for incoming SMS, so this is not really necessary, but will turn the screen on if that’s what you want (I personally don’t).

Switch Mute Call on phone flipped face down: HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : FaceDownMuteRing: change value to “0″
Working correctly

Boost TFL3D Scrolling Speed –> - HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 16384 or 32768 (DWORD decimal)
- To change it back to the default: - HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit = 8192 (DWORD decimal)
Did this using schaps advanced config and it does not seem to make any difference whatsoever.

Prevent screen switching off during phone call –> HKEY_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastD ormantDisplayDuringCall to 0 (Note: does not work on all ROMs) Doesn’t work
AND (tested and works on EU ROMs thanks to Rod65)
HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Sleep switch value from 1 to 0 Doesn’t work
These failed to work individually and also when applied as a pair. No use on this Raphael ROM.
HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\FastDormancyRule=0 doesn’t work either.

Set HTC Album X button to close not minimize: ok_minimize change value to 0
Not needed any more. When task manager is set to close programs with the x button, album shuts correctly. Youtube on the other hand, doesn’t.

Disable Enlarged Title bar (when you click on a notification) to the default WM behavior: HKLM->Software->HTC->EnlargeTitleBar - and change “Enable” from 1 to 0.
Not needed any more. Start>settings>system>touchflo. Untick Show system status screen when status icons are tapped

Turn off startup aninmation and sound: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\ -> rename both “StartupGif” and “StartupWav” to other names
Works, but does not speed up boot time.

Enable GPS photo: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1
Works

DOES NOT WORK!
Another supposed TFL3D tweak for better performance: HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings:
SpeedHigh: default value (25) <– Change to (5) / SpeedLow : default value (70) <– Chnge to (14) save and soft reset
No difference that I noticed, but no adverse affects either.
DOES NOT WORK!
Here is information on how to set those:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=14

THANKS TO DR G

Adjust screen sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
Value = PressureThreshold
Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal

Works fine. Can also be done in Schaps advanced config.

More Camera Modes:
To Enable ‘Burst’: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P6 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1
Works. Keep button pressed down to take more pictures

To Enable ‘Sport’: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1

Works. Takes 5 pictures in quick succession

To Enable ‘Video Share’: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 -> change the value “enabled” from 0 to 1
Works

Enable HSUPA:
HKLM\Software\HTC\AdvancedNetwork\SupportHSUPA =change it to 1
Already enabled, so no need for this.

Remove orphan icons and shortcuts - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…97&postcount=3
Erm, why not just delete them in File explorer for F***s sake??

Four icons in a row in WM Programs/Settings screens - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…4&postcount=16
Works a treat and looks pretty good too!

Remove Vertical and Horizontal Scrollbars
For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cyHScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)
For the vertical (right) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cxVScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)
Slight graphical distortion at the edge of the screen, but they are gone.

Disable SMS Conversation in WM 6.X
In Registry Editor: Create a folder named “OEM” in “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Se ttin gs”
In the new “OEM” folder, make a new DWORD key called “SMSInboxThreadingDisabled” and give it a value of “1″

OEM folder already exists, and adding the key to this folder works a treat, although any messages already in the system are lost. Back them up using something like PIM backup first.
This is the source of where I got this information from...
http://pockethacks.com/htc-touch-pro-tweaks/

Here is a not-as-technical guide to perform these tweaks..

Last edited by BigDiesel07; 01-14-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Updated info
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acme64 is a n00b
Re: Getting TouchFLO 3D to Work Faster...

advanced config? where's that
Old 11-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Just a personal request but can you use another color besides red for your notes. I cannot see red against most colors (color perception problem).

tsp
Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
Just a personal request but can you use another color besides red for your notes. I cannot see red against most colors (color perception problem).

tsp
He's quoting another thread, so probably left their colors intact.

Anyway, I remember making most if not all of these TF3D changes with Advanced Config when I first installed it and didn't really notice a difference. Then again, TF3D already seems to run pretty well for me.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:42 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Some of those are called out the Essentials thread. I tread some of them. The scrooling speed and sensitivity def. works. Check them out

Old 11-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Yeah.. I wasn't sure. Good heads up..
Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acme64 is a n00b

Found the advanced config app, but the link is dead on xna, Anyone have it hosted elsewhere
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme64 View Post
Found the advanced config app, but the link is dead on xna, Anyone have it hosted elsewhere
Better be careful - I keep hearing that program is not fully compatible with the TP and does unexpected things, so I decided against installing it. Search for the name on this forum and read every possible post about it at least before you try it out.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

The top changes about the file system cache and such work great...

My TP is amazingly fast as is TF3D
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint 500 Sero Plan

johnnydough646 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnnydough646

Funny thing with this modification It seems to make the TouchFlo faster ( actually to fast that you no longer see the icons "flowing") and mad ALL apps slower... I had to do a HARD RESET.....

IDK if it was just me who experienced this problema...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro