PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:07 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell
Threadstarter

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover!

Nope.
I didnt mask or peel off the camera lense. Its held in places securely so I didnt want to compromise the adhesive. The pics dont do it true justice. The dyeing is consistent all over and turned out exceptional. I simply heated a pot of water & dye and stirred the cover completely submerged for 15 mins on medium; hot enough to almost burn your finger. I couldnt believe it was that simple. Just rinse with cold water until all dye is gone afterwars. Your new colored battery back will smell for a few days from the dye but smelly-nice stuff will fix that. Mine hasnt faded or blemished and I am completely happy with the results.

Also, the inside of the cover doesnt dye all that well but you will never see it anyways...

The dye didnt faze the camera lense at all! And although the pictures may resemble a charcoal color, it is black. The flash on my camera lightened it up in the photo.

Last edited by xweaponx; 11-25-2008 at 02:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
This might be worthy of the essentials thread. Does anybody have the guts to try this out and confirm if this works? If so we may be in business. It would be cool if all of us from this site did this to our Pros if its repeatable. it would be our secret sign to each other out in public when we cross paths.
i have a spare battery cover so i will try it out either tonite or tomorrow and post pics if it comes out good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

hmm. i wonder if insurance will toss me a new on if mine doesnt turn out...

think i wonna go with a deep red...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
hmm. i wonder if insurance will toss me a new on if mine doesnt turn out...

think i wonna go with a deep red...
Get a diamond jk...
Old 11-25-2008, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

im trying this on my diamond.....tonight! i have 3 spare battery covers

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell
Threadstarter

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

I think I am going to get the red dye. I have a killer red theme that would really set off with a matching battery cover...

You could also mix dyes to create other colors. I think Wal-mart has:
Black
Blue
Navy Blue
Red

Michaels, Hobby Lobby or other craft stores might have a larger variety such as orange, brown, etc. The dye I used and works well is basic fabric dye...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work

Wow, that looks great!! Pending more success stories I'll be giving this a try!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Holy crap that's AWESOME!

Do you happen to have the item number, or the SKU of the dye you bought at WalMart? I don't want to buy the wrong item and ruin my cover.

And I just want to confirm again, all you did is just throw the cover into the pot you mentioned earlier, without covering the camera lens part right? Man that does sound easy.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started

Looks awesome! Have you tried taking pictures yet? I will do this as soon as someone confirms that it doesn't effect pictures.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptd View Post
Looks awesome! Have you tried taking pictures yet? I will do this as soon as someone confirms that it doesn't effect pictures.
even without mucking with my back cover, I always take the back off to take a picture it guarentees no last second smudge ruins the photo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro