PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600
Carrier: Sprint

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos
Re: Sprint Music Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
I had an LG Musiq phone and downloaded free music from the Sprint Music Store through the phone. When I got the PRO I transferred all those files, which were on a storage card, to the phone. However, the files won't play. On the LG they downloaded as a KOZ file, I guess to ensure you couldn't play the free music on any player but the Sprint phone. That being the case, I assumed they would work on the PRO simply because it was Sprint, but it would seem the PRO will only play/read the MP3 files.

Is there anyway to get my Sprint music files to play on the PRO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy1979 View Post
I had the same experience with my fusic when I switched to the touch. The music that I purchased with the fusic was useless anywhere else.

I hope you didn't purchase too many songs or you may be out a lot of money.
Actually I used to have the Samsung M940 and the music I purchased through that phone from the Sprint music store worked on my Mogul, just make sure that you copy all the music files with the licenses, because they are DMR protected, and I guess when you open the Sprint music store app go to the player tab and sync your music.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Unfortunately, because of the TF3D interface, we do not have that particular app. The music store app. is in combination with Opera Mobile. We don't get that player tab like on the Mogul to be able to sync. Sprint also offers no solution, they figured that it would be all new subscribers that would be getting into the Touch Pro, I guess.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pure
Carrier: AT&T

ppsee is a n00b

KOZ is a proprietary codec that Groove Mobile, Sprint's music backend provider, developed a few years ago. KOZ could not break into the mainstream and Groove switched to AAC+ with its own DRM. I'm surprised that Sprint still offers DRM-protected KOZ files. I think popular media players don't play music in KOZ format.

LiveWire Mobile might have a solution for you. They acquired Groove Mobile back in March. Or, you can do what thousands are doing now and Do the Didiom If You Want To.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro²

pokerrus78 is keeping up the good workpokerrus78 is keeping up the good work

Does and one have the Cab for the java app i had the same prob when I switched from my touch to the diamond and now i cant do the web sync damn i hate the web music store

Bertha O' bot 2009 FIRST ROBOTS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro