PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Why don't other apps use the accelerometer as well as Kinoma Player? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45336)

cool8man 11-18-2008 04:25 AM

Why don't other apps use the accelerometer as well as Kinoma Player?

The accelerometer use in the latest Kinoma update is excellent. The screen rotation is incredibly fast and the transition animations are excellent. I didn't even know the Touch Pro hardware was capable of this. Kinoma is more finger friendly than any program I've used so far for Windows Mobile. Unlike TouchFlo finger flicking is accurate and requires a very light touch. Animations are very smooth and fast.

I wish other Windows Mobile devs would use this code for their programs. Opera Mobile for example is incredibly slow and has no animation when rotating the screen.

Kinoma is so polished it should be built into TouchFlo or Windows Mobile OS. HTC or Microsoft should seriously consider buying this company and it's programmers.

yotoad 11-20-2008 10:34 AM

Re: Why don't other apps use the accelerometer as well as Kinoma Player?

unfortunately mine worked for the first few times i played with kinoma freeplay, but isn't working any longer . . .

jsjaybone 11-20-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotoad (Post 531349)
unfortunately mine worked for the first few times i played with kinoma freeplay, but isn't working any longer . . .

Hmmm I too have the same issue :scratch:

yotoad 11-20-2008 11:29 AM

i'm tempted to pull the trigger with this program -- i'm loving it, but i want it to work

DaPeeps 11-20-2008 12:09 PM

Funny..I just started a thread about this before I saw this one. I just bought the full KinomaPlay, and was very disappointed that the only way I can find to make it go full screen in landscape is to open the keyboard. The accelerometer has never worked for me.

BigDiesel07 11-20-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool8man (Post 526626)
The accelerometer use in the latest Kinoma update is excellent. The screen rotation is incredibly fast and the transition animations are excellent. I didn't even know the Touch Pro hardware was capable of this. Kinoma is more finger friendly than any program I've used so far for Windows Mobile. Unlike TouchFlo finger flicking is accurate and requires a very light touch. Animations are very smooth and fast.

I wish other Windows Mobile devs would use this code for their programs. Opera Mobile for example is incredibly slow and has no animation when rotating the screen.

Kinoma is so polished it should be built into TouchFlo or Windows Mobile OS. HTC or Microsoft should seriously consider buying this company and it's programmers.

It seems some people have the accelerometer work and others are unable to have it work properly... I do agree it is a polished piece of software, especially the free version, which I use extensively... However, I would rather it stay independent then being bought out... It's good to have competition... If there were none, we would all still be using Windows 3.1...

xdmg 11-20-2008 12:55 PM

Mine does not auto rotate as well.

yotoad 11-20-2008 01:13 PM

auto-rotating and VGA resolution would be nice. also, their website says that the update includes a way to set file associations, but i don't see an option for that in their menus . . .

bedoig 11-20-2008 01:38 PM

Mine wasn't auto-rotating either, so I did a little digging in their forums. It seems the g-sensor implementation in Kinoma is not perfect yet, and many others are having the same issue. It might be a good idea to report the bug to their support department so that it can be fixed in future releases.

In the meantime, try this workaround posted by vw195 on the Kinoma forum:
Open another sensor-aware program in the background and then launch Kinoma. Sprint TV seemed to work for me, although launching just Opera in the background did not (which is unfortunate, because I almost always have Opera open anyway, but I never use Sprint TV).

TurboFool 11-20-2008 01:46 PM

Yeah, just upgraded, doesn't seem to be working effectively for me, either. Too bad, as this was just about the only thing (besides VGA support) missing from it. It's such a solid program.