PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 01:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: sprint

RadarRider is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: voicemail ring time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I don't know if it's an issue with your phone or if its an issue with the network... Very weird..
I have this problem with the mogul and the touch pro. It's a Sprint system problem. I've har***** tech support for both the mogul and touch pro. They say there is nothing you can do about it.
It's inherent to the system, no way to change the # of rings before voicemail. Sprint just sux in some ways.

If anyone knows some tricks, plz do tell

--RR

Perma thanks to No2Chem, Colonel, Stroths, and others.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

speck is becoming a great contributor

This post explains how I keep endiing up with multiple new voicemails when I never even hear the phone ring. How can it be a Sprint 'system' problem? I never had this problem with any previous phone and I've had Sprint over 10 years.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The funny thing is that some of the people who call me on a regular basis have started counting the rings they hear before the call goes to voicemail- today someone counted 2!
I wonder if it has something to do with the way I pull the phone from the included case- I will try letting it ring in the case a couple of times before pulling it out to see if I am somehow causing the problem.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
The funny thing is that some of the people who call me on a regular basis have started counting the rings they hear before the call goes to voicemail- today someone counted 2!
I wonder if it has something to do with the way I pull the phone from the included case- I will try letting it ring in the case a couple of times before pulling it out to see if I am somehow causing the problem.
Yeah, you might be hitting the ignore icon by accident...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

stevenmh is becoming a great contributor

Out of the box, my TP would ring after the caller heard two rings. Then would go to voicemail at the end of the caller hearing the 4th ring.

I asked Sprint to increase the voicemail time from 23 seconds to 30 seconds, as some people say is possible. They said they can only do it on the Nextel side, not on the Sprint side.

I tried the Diamond Tweak fix, but it made no difference.

I tried slot cycle 0, helped very slightly.

Turned off TF3D... gained a whole ring. Turned it on/off several times to confirm the results and rule out a fluke. Set my slot cycle back to 2. It now rings after the caller hears one ring. I think that's probably the best that can be expected.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I think it only works if you set the slot cycle to 1... 0 I don't think works... It's a multiplier... Anything multiplied by 0 is 0...
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

Yeah I'm not sure if it is TF3D alltogether but rather the dialer that TF3D adds. If you replace the dialer you'll get faster rings...in some cases seconds faster.

I was using pocketshield for a trial and it has an option to replace the dialer with it's own wm6.1 based dialer. This not only made rings much faster but reduced around 8 mg of ram use.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:13 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

how can i change the amount of rings before voicemail like booooooooop booooooooop

Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

cowboy casey is a n00b

I ran into this problem with sprint on my PPC 6700... You have to call sprint and have them extend your ring time before it goes to voicemail... the normal time they have is about 18 seconds... they acctually are trying to save people money because if it goes over 30 seconds sprint charges you 1 minute for the call... now with that said you can do 2 things... 1. if you have unlimited calls you can ask them to move the voicemail time to whatever you want... 2. ask them to move it as close to 30 seconds as they can.. ive got mine at 29 seconds i think... once its set on your account you dont have to change it when you get a new phone... hope this helps...

Cowboy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro