PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: Any way to boost your service?

I have a Wi-Ex extender. Signal fades in and out here, so even though the antenna is about 30-35 feet off the ground, signal still fluctuates and sucks here most of the time. Getting an airave soon, because that will be most reliable. Wireless repeaters can only repeat the signal they receive, they can't make it up out of nowhere, like the airave does.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte
Carrier: Sprint

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbunting View Post
Search ebay for sprint repeater. it's a little box that has a picture on the front of it. It does an excellent job, and only operates during a phone/data call, so you will not notice your signal increase until you go to make a call.... only about $30-50 they are

cheapest i see is 80 bucks. going up to 250 bucks.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work

I just got an Airave about a week ago and so far so good. Like someone mentioned before, you don't get EVDO with it. But 5 bars at 1X is better than 0-1 bars and missed calls at EVDO.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

rq530 is a n00b

usually data is fine anyways, its the phone calls that mess up the most for me.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

The way I see it, if I am within coverage area of the airave, I am also within coverage area of my wifi network, so if I need data I can just turn on wifi.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
The way I see it, if I am within coverage area of the airave, I am also within coverage area of my wifi network, so if I need data I can just turn on wifi.
That's a pretty valid point...

This is the 2nd time today that I've forgotten about using WiFi... Its just that I rely so much on my Sprint connection that I forgot WiFi even exists.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan

cbunting is a n00b

holy crap, someone is making a killing on those things, I paid next to nothing for mine, Ithink sprint used to give them away to customers at one point. I should have bought tons and I could be reselling them for major skrillah now
Old 11-21-2008, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

they still give them away...Call Retentions....they will work with you.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Actually, there are some different things that can affect your signal.

I have awful coverage in my house but decent outside. Funny thing is, I can hardly pick up my wifi signal outside. Lead lined walls?? Almost.

I have a wood framed house with hardboard siding that has a foil backed foam insulating panel between the siding and the walls. It does a pretty decent job of blocking most radio signals including my fm radio.

I tried a "Prime Signal" PCS repeater and paid about 250.00 for it. It worked for a while but would randomly go into feedback loops and shut down.

I called sprint and told them that I have been a customer for 12 years and was having really bad reception problems. In fact, it has been an ongoing issue and a tech has been to my house in the past to measure the signal - also told me to quit using the repeater becasue it can cause network interference. It also turns out that I have 1 tower within one mile of direct line of site - the one at my "kitchen window phone booth", and two other towers within 3 to 4 miles.

Anyway, after joking about "can you hear me now" and "more bars" and my desire to try them out, I have a free airave and free monthly airave service on the way. So, hopefully this will solve my problem once and for all.

Also, I read on another board (howard forums I think) that there is supposed to be an upcoming firmware for the airave that adds EVDO support.

David

Anyone want to buy my repeater?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

oops...think I picked the wrong quote for my reply...

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro