PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Re: [3/23/09: nueKBLight 1.5] [SOLVED] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
make sure nueSlidingKB is uninstalled; it will directly conflict with nueKBLight.

about the the press button 6 seconds timeout, i haven't figured out how to override htc's code yet without rewriting the whole keyboard handler, so yeah. thats on a lower priority right now.

I'll take another look into the light sensor code though.
I uninstalled installed nueSlidingKB, soft reset, deleted the registry keys to remove the control panel, and soft reset again but the SIP changer still isn't working for me in nueKBLight 1.5. I'm having the same issue that others have reported where it correctly goes to NullKB with the keyboard out but switches back to Keyboard when I close the keyboard even though I have it set to switch to Full QWERTY. It switches to Keyboard no matter what SIP option I have set in Portrait. I have a Sprint Touch Pro with Mighty 4.15.

Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 03-28-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Re: [3/23/09: nueKBLight 1.5] [SOLVED] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

I just installed 1.6 and it's still behaving oddly. When I switch back to portrait I see the SIP change to Full QWERTY for a second, then change to Compact QWERTY. In fact it changes to Compact QWERTY no matter what I have it set to. It's not exactly the same as the issue with 1.5 because it does go to Full QWERTY but then goes to Compact QWERTY. Has anyone else had this issue with 1.6?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

OEM
Apps-KeyBoardBackLight1.6.rar

Cab
Apps-KeyBoardBackLight1.6.rar

Do not know how to edit new settings you speak off but these install fine.

Thank you sir. Awesome work
Attached Files
File Type: cab Neu1.6BKlight.cab (168.7 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work
Re: [3/29/09: nueKBLight 1.6] [SOLVED] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

EDIT: SOLVED - This had absolutely nothing to do with nueKBLight - my apologies (should I just delete this post?)

----------------------
It was this particular Manilla Touch Flo program from a GSM Touch Pro
----------------------

This could be an issue with either nueKBLight or TouchLockPro or both or the combination - will do more testing - but has anyone else had this issue?

My screen switches to Portrait whenever I close any program, even when my keyboard is open. Manilla stays in landscape mode, but the screen displays in portrait, so there is white space below the 2 rows of buttons on the manilla screen and everything is sideways (does that make sense - am I explaining this correctly).

TouchLockPro 2.4.1 is installed and also has features for SIP changes but I have all of those options disabled. I also have the SIP changes disabled in nueKBLight 1.6. But the problem still exists.

I am using the Stock Sprint ROM.

The last thing I installed was nueKBLight 1.6 and afterwards is when this behaviour started.

Like I said I will do more testing and the cause may not even be an issue related to nueKBLight, but I wanted to get this out there to see if others had similar results.

Once I am done testing, I will repost with results. If it is an issue with nueKBLight I will provide steps to replicate the error (I know fixing errors that cannot be replicated is close to impossible sometimes). So don't go crazy trying to fix anything now, unless you just want to.

Last edited by Cobaltikus; 03-30-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno
Re: [3/29/09: nueKBLight 1.6] [SOLVED] Quest to modify the timeout for hardware keybo

looks like 1.7 was released yesterday(:
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Yipyip It sure did some great new fix's man he's aweseome

Heres a working OEM if anyone needs it as well as a cab

107 is the cab the other is the oem

107.cab Cab

Apps - Nue KB Light1.7.rar OEM

Thanks for teaching me how to cab that No2!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1.7 fixes the sliding manila thing so you can slide out the keyboard then turn the phone on and it works !!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

damn 1.7 is out now, this guy is on fire!! well guess its back in the kitchen!! thanx
Old 04-06-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Anyone experience major battery drain after installing this even when the keyboard is not in use? Last week, I was able to go a day and half on a charge with MightyROM 4.14. I installed nueKBLight 1.7, S2U2 and G-Alarm this week. Last night, I had 84% battery when I went to bed and when I woke up around 5:00 AM and was wondering what time it was (alarm was set for 6:30) I found that when I pressed the power button expecting the screen to wake up, the phone booted! The power level when TF3D came up was 8%!!! I've tried uninstalling S2U2 and G-Alarm and saw no difference. I then uninstalled nueKBLight and battery life is better but not what it was last week. I'm going to flash 4.16 as sson as I get a chance but was wondering whether I should bother with nueKBLight. Maybe something else is going on? Anybody have any ideas?

TIA,
Vlip3
Old 04-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

nuekblight should run as IST, which means its only called when the phone rotates...

but I will look into if nuekblight causes any battery issues

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro