PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BillyBud is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TouchFlo 3D Email Counter reset.

I have the same problem on text messages sometimes. If I receive, for instance, 3 text messages in a one minute span I'll read them all, however the counter still shows "1".
Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBud View Post
I have the same problem on text messages sometimes. If I receive, for instance, 3 text messages in a one minute span I'll read them all, however the counter still shows "1".
Stay on all 3 messages for at least 10 seconds each to find the one that's being counted as "not read".

Old 02-10-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

poopsie is becoming a great contributor

For those having problems with email counts, I was too. I found that there was a new message in my outlook mail trash. Look through every folder and delete everything out that is new and you don't want on the phone. See if that helps-
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

Thanks that fixed it.

I never thought of looking in the outlook box as that account is not in use. My guess is yesterday when I set up google sync ActiveSync must have auto created the message.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

I'd like to boot this one back up to the top.

I attempted to run Google Sync this afternoon, and it worked wonderfully. However, I apparently have a new email message, even though I dont have any email accounts set up. How in the hell is this supposed to work? I did some more reading, and learned that a handful of folks also got a "new message" with google sync. So I simply deleted the exchange server relationship in an attempt to remove this phantom, but no dice. FixUnreadCount doesnt do anything either.

I've attached a screenshot, showing I have no accounts, but a new message bubble. *shrugs*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (7.1 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post

I attempted to run Google Sync this afternoon, and it worked wonderfully. However, I apparently have a new email message, even though I dont have any email accounts set up. How in the hell is this supposed to work? I did some more reading, and learned that a handful of folks also got a "new message" with google sync. So I simply deleted the exchange server relationship in an attempt to remove this phantom, but no dice. FixUnreadCount doesnt do anything either.

I've attached a screenshot, showing I have no accounts, but a new message bubble. *shrugs*
Have you used the ghost message fix?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Touch Pro

lupis42 is a n00b

Quote:

I'm having the exact same problem. What's more, the phantom email is restored every time the phone synchs, so even editing the registry to remove the count isn't a fix
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Have you used the ghost message fix?
Isnt that what FixUnreadCount is? If so, yes, as per my original posting.

My solution was a hard reset and simply not reinstalling sync. Although I did like the functionality, I guess I'll have to wait for a fixed version.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

My solution was a hard reset and simply not reinstalling sync. Although I did like the functionality, I guess I'll have to wait for a fixed version.
I don't know why it wouldn't fix your issue. I guess there are some things that need a hard-reset. However, I got the idea just now if reinstalling TF3D if it happens again... Don't know if that would work, but if you encounter that issue, give it a try.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

Even though it says you have no accounts the Outlook account might still exist; especially after setting up a sync.

push > start > messages (or find it under programs if you have removed it from the start menu). Pick your text messaging account. Now that your inside you message list up in the top left under the start icon. You should see something that says "Inbox" with a little down arrow. Push it. Now you'll see a tree of accounts "OutLook E-Mail" will most likely be there. And if you just set up sync there is probably a email in the inbox, delete it and then delete it from your trash.

Any time you set up exchange account the system generates that "welcome" email or whatever it is.

Quote:

It has nothing to do with google. Google is just providing exchange service. The operating system on your phone automatically generates that email whenever a exchange account is created.

Last edited by kennyidaho; 03-16-2009 at 06:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro