PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: is there really no way to remove stock progs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
I got ot to work. What you need to do is right after the second skip question, you tap the screen to set up customization, before you see the green screen or anything to do with customization what so ever. Soft reset. When it boots up to the windows green screen. Soft reset again. Follow this process again with soft reset. On the fourth time when you see the windows green screen pull to battery out. That will do it. Here's a screen shot of what you'll have for storage memory(313.5. Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z
very nice step by step tmz. +1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

treehuggergeorge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

looks like i missed this post originally, my bad, i was able to 'remove junkware' after hard reset and two soft resets...

my results here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44358&highlight=junkware

george

- treehuggergeorge@gmail.com
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I did that on my AT&T Tilt. I screwed it up hex editing the HTC weather DLL so I could get my town's weather instead of some place 45 minutes from here. I had to hard reset, and then I did a soft reset when the "Customizing in 3 seconds" dialog popped up. I wasn't aware that it had to be done 3 times, so Just thought I wasn't geting it quick enough. After 3 times, no more dialog, no more AT&T bundled garbage. You can pick and choose the cabs you want to install, they are all located in the Windows directory. Saved me a good bit of storage space.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why not just flash to one of the custom roms? more speed and less junk imo
Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sylcat is just getting started

Guys I have tried every manner of resetting this thing, 3 times, 4 times, soft resets in all different place, removing the battery to interrupt the process....

I cannot get this thing to leave out the junk. Sometimes it will sit at the regular mobile screen for a while and act like it's not going to install, but the customization crap comes up every time without fail.

This phone is pretty close to crashing through a 6 story window. I've spent about 7 hours doing nothing but resetting it. Please help? I'd rather avoid flashing it and voiding the warranty(not too tech sound with flashing as it is)

If I have to flash it, what's the cleanest image for a sprint htc touch pro? I'd like touchflow, youtube, opera, and performance tweaks, but no themes or anything else changed. Thanks much guys
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Why not just flash to one of the custom roms? more speed and less junk imo

A person should NOT have to switch ROMS just to get rid of programs. I have a stock ROM and I have tweaked my phone with registry mods and my phone works great. I would love the extra memory from all the programs I don't use. If anyone has any ideas please help us out. I'm willing to donate if need be.

Give some
Old 01-18-2009, 07:27 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

you can't just delete programs that are in the rom. if you can't figure out how to reset it 3 times, you're going to have to install a custom rom that lacks the software that you don't want. but seriously, whats the big deal... they don't take up much space. if it bothers you that they are in the programs folder, just delete the links to them. beyond that, i really don't get what the big deal is. the problem with not allowing the customization to run is that you might not get some programs that you actually DO want.

the solution to your problem is a custom rom though. that's the solution. if you want to donate money, thats where it should go.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As stated b4 the TP has warehouses of room to spare. Why does it even matter? Its like taking a shirt to a tailor and paying them to remove a loose thread on the INSIDE of the shirt. Its not needed. Let it be. I seriously doubt u will fill up a TP with that many programs. There is only so many useful programs that u would even want to use regularly. I say let it go and have fun loading and tweaking ur phone. Its time u could use doing something far more useful. Or as many have said flash a custom ROM. 2 cents
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

If you don't know, then you don't know. What othere wish to do on their phone is their decision. I feel that this thread is to ASSIST in removing of programs. If you CAN'T help, move along.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The simplest answer is to use a custom ROM plain and simple. If its in the ROM then ur stuck with it and deleting from windows might cause some dead ends as other programs might be linked to them. As stated b4 there are registry changes that might damage ur phone or data if u simply delete stuff. A custom ROM is the solution. There is really no way around it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro