PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is there really no way to remove stock progs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim-tim View Post
ok so i didnt brick it. what is happening is that after the hard reset. it goes to do the initial setup. then the customizations and what not. i soft reset there. then once it boots up... it goes right the f*ck back to the main set up screen where it displays that annoying message "Preparing your device for first use"

did htc and sprint just eff us because honestly half the stuff on here i doubt highly is even necessary and just bogging down this phones actual capabilities...

so i skipped the customizations again. i think imma try and get touch flo the hell outta here. i mean it looks pretty but damn maybe thats the reason.
None of those programs are bogging down your phone (except TF3D maybe). The only way for them to do that is if they are running. Preventing customizations from running will not eliminate all the programs that Sprint installs. This phone has more then enough memory for the average user. If it was the Diamond, that makes sense to want a lot of the programs removed to save memory but the Touch Pro doesn't have memory issues.

That said, try custom roms as a lot of the time, these have the bloat removed.

Quote:
it doesnt work. and if anyone needs to know what a merkin is google it.
is there any way to actually take the programs out once they have been installed. cause if thats the case than im good.
Not that I am aware of no...they are part of the rom usually.

Also, based on your posts, it doesn't sound like you are soft reseting the full 3 times when you are supposed to but, I can't confirm without watching you do it.

Last edited by aceracer24; 11-06-2008 at 06:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4g
Threadstarter

tim-tim is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tim-tim Send a message via Yahoo to tim-tim

is the sprint rom available still on the htc website incase i dont like it.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tim-tim is a n00b

i appreciate everyone on here. usually i dont even have to post cause i find my answers. im just like are you serious lol and you guys are really helpful or women if thats the case dont want to offend anyone lol
Old 11-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Yes, I have deleted Handmark as an example. Just delete the program from the programs folder.

They will still reside in the ROM until you unlock the phone and cook something without the programs...
Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tim-tim is a n00b

so then techicnally speaking i can delete any prog i want from the programs folder...

do you think that there is still going to be traces that could cause an error down the line.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
so then techicnally speaking i can delete any prog i want from the programs folder...

do you think that there is still going to be traces that could cause an error down the line.
Deleting the program as described above could lead to problems later but that really depends. Sprint Nav for instance does not run in the background unless you make it run so deleting it should not cause problems really. But really, you won't save a whole lot of space...the Touch Pro has a lot of memory.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tim-tim is a n00b

its not soo much the space im trying to save... theres no reason for half this stuff to even be here.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
its not soo much the space im trying to save... theres no reason for half this stuff to even be here.
i agree, a lot of unnecessary stuff. thank god the touch pro has much more memory than my old mogul. i'm much more trigger happy when it comes to installing programs now. On my mogul i just deleted programs that i didn't use (and also don't run in the background). If that's not sufficient, just flash it with a custom rom... they get rid of the nonsense for you.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there is no way (that I have found) to remove programs installed with the ROM. Just deleting the program folders is really just a BAD idea. It will not do anything, and 99% of the programs installed have registry settings associated with them, so you are not going to speed windows up at all by doing that, and may end up making it slower in the end. There is a dump of the official sprint ROM on the FTP that imcokeman uploaded if you don't like the custom rom you choose. I say, unlock the sucker and flash away. Thats all the fun of WinMo phones, trying out new and exciting things.

Last edited by parkjam; 11-06-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Can't type
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
i went and did a hard reset. followed by a soft reset once the progs were going to install and everytime i have reset the device... it still continues to go to the initial setup... WTF!!!

IM READY TO SCREAM

it worked for the mogul but its not working for the touch pro.
I got ot to work. What you need to do is right after the second skip question, you tap the screen to set up customization, before you see the green screen or anything to do with customization what so ever. Soft reset. When it boots up to the windows green screen. Soft reset again. Follow this process again with soft reset. On the fourth time when you see the windows green screen pull to battery out. That will do it. Here's a screen shot of what you'll have for storage memory(313.5. Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (8.9 KB, 66 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro