PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: anyone else get raped on their tp pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum View Post
im not sure how much I paid for it yet.. it sounds like 399.99 - 100 rebate..

have a friends & family plan through a friend who works at sprint, he placed the order for me yesterday through iconnect.

a sprint rep told me a week ago the emp cost was 299.99 - 100 rebate if you're eligible for your yearly upgrade, which I am.

ill call and get everything striaghtened out once I receive the phone but what do you think? what did you pay? 300ar seems excessive, especially considering the mogul was 188 on its release day last year.
$399 is the base price. I remember the mogul being a $500+ phone last year. If you don't like the price wait a year, and then get it for $99 when Sprint lowers the price like they do with many of their phones going out the door...

I don't know what an Emp price is, but since you are not a Sprint Emp, do you deserve the lower price? Ask your friend who ordered it for you?

Best Buy does not have the MIR, so you can pay less up front for one through them.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Insoc; 11-03-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP 6315(retired) HTC 6700(retired) HTC Touch Pro2

boggie557 is a n00b
Smile Re: anyone else get raped on their tp pricing?

I got mine for $240.00 plus tax at Bestbuy. This is another reason why I was so frustrated with Sprint. Not only could they not tell me how much the TP would cost if purchased through Sprint, from all indications I got from advertisements I could get it for a better price at BB. BB had a special discount thru there Rewards program that ended Nov. 1 for an additional 20% off. Thanks to all the posts here I made the correct choice and went to BB.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro; Mogul

matth56 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
First of all, that rebate expired 2 days ago. Also, I believe that $100 off through best buy is processed instantly, and the rebate form says it's either MIR or Instant, so you probably won't get it.

True, but alot of people have bought it from Best Buy during the RZ promotion putting it in play. As for MIR vs Instant, I don't see anywhere that specifies that Best Buy isn't allowed if you had the instant rebate there. I know that some people in the past have been able to get all rebates applied as instant ones via Sprint and then still sent in the mail-in rebates and gotten those as well.

If you do get the rebate form off Sprint's link for purchasing the Touch Pro, that one does specify that it must be purchased at Sprint stores, Sprint.com, or Telesales.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: (R.I.P. Sero)

r3plica is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to r3plica

I'm only 9 months in to my contract, and ive written ecare and did the online chat with customer service and still cant get them to budge on the $579

I'd extend my contract just to at least be rebate eligible.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Threadstarter

aughsum is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
$399 is the base price. I remember the mogul being a $500+ phone last year. If you don't like the price wait a year, and then get it for $99 when Sprint lowers the price like they do with many of their phones going out the door...

I don't know what an Emp price is, but since you are not a Sprint Emp, do you deserve the lower price? Ask your friend who ordered it for you?

Best Buy does not have the MIR, so you can pay less up front for one through them.

Good Luck!
Emp price is the employee pricing. I'm not an employee but i get emp pricing - 18$/mo for 500 min/unlimited everything else. The phones are the same way, paid 188 on the first day of the moguls release and i expected something simular with the tp.

I wouldve gone through BB but I was under the impression that was only for new activations and contract extensions? The friends and family plans are non-contract.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch & Touch Pro

parlayed is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: anyone else get raped on their tp pricing?

I paid $199 for mine. Called *2 then said "cancellation." When the lady answered I told her I was interested in getting a new phone (Touch Pro) but i checked online and it said my cost was going to be $459. I told her Bestbuy had the phone for $299 and I was not going to pay $500 for a new phone when i can go and get a brand new iPhone for $199. She then told me she would sell it to me for $199 and I didn't have to do any rebates or anything. I was not rude or anything and I thought it was a fair deal

Good luck to you guys...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I paid $139 for mine. Best Buy $299 - 20% = $239 - $100 credit from eCare = $139.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

xjesterx is a n00b

I ended up only paying $4.39 for mine after all the rebates. I was only eligible for the 1 year upgrade the day I went to best buy to get my phone but the guy that rang me up asked if it was a 2 year upgrade and all I did was say yes. He rang me up for the 2 year price of 299.99 and I also had the sku code for the additional 20% off ALL smart phones which brought the final price too 254.39. Earlier that week I emailed ecare about the pricing for the 1 year upgrade users and they basically offered me a 100.00 instant credit to my sprint account once I purchased the new phone. So after I got home, I emailed them back and within a few hours the 100.00 credit was on my sprint account. That brings the phone down to 154.39. Last but not least, I sent off the 150.00 mail in rebate from the sprint site that is only eligible to new users and 2 year up grade users (which my receipt now shows 2 year upgrade for proof that it was 2 year upgraded). So once I get the money from that my total for the brand new phone comes to 4.39.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

I got mine for $299-20% from Best Buy. Luckily I got on it right away cause they sold out fast. Awesome deal! Best of all no rebates. I used my company account to get the phone since my line didn't qualify for 2 year pricing. Did an esn swap the next morning, all good =D>

Last edited by Sim-X; 11-04-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I paid $250 out the door from Best Buy w/ the RZ discount and my 2yr upgrade. Best Buy the Best Buy I went to was giving out 2gb SD cards to anyone who bought a new phone that could use one.

So, $250 for the TP and a 2gb SD card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro