PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3rd Party Apps - Must haves

QuickMenu
Music ID
Live Search
Total Commander
NFL Mobile Live
Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

For the folks posting about remote desktop... check out the XDA wiki on Remote desktop options for windows mobile... a very good resource. I went with logmein for the reasons they mention in the wiki and I've found it to be very good.

The only issue is that the hardware keyboard on the TP doesn't work with logmein so you need to install kfortouchpro to get it to work.

Also, I don't recall seeing this posted yet in this thread but mortscript is a very powerful scripting language if you are technically inclined. Good stuff.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Remote desktop isn't $50 - not sure where you are getting that from... I've attached a cab (unzip first)... You can do anything on your computer that you would normally do while sitting in front of it (short of playing a 3d game). Turn on high color and full screen it in landscape mode for best results...

Slingplayer is awesome, I get great results and it isn't choppy if you even have semi decent evdo signal strength...

Palringo also has push to talk support if your friends run it also (it will also send a link to a wav file if you send voice to someone on aim or something)... It also has some cool location stuff where it will broadcast your location if you turn it on to others using palringo.

Google maps will find anything and everything you want to find and has satellite views and stuff, but it's really great for looking up a phone number or location - a definite must have and it's free http://www.google.com/gmm . Garmin on the other hand has turn by turn directions similar to the sprint app, but there is no monthly service fee and it has traffic and stuff (not sure if the sprint one does, I haven't used it). Garmin also doesn't need a data connection on the whole time, so you can use it while you are talking on the phone/etc (it only needs data if you want to download traffic or use it's built in google local searching etc). There's even a regedit to make sounds still work while on the phone - it will come out a bluetooth headset if you are using that too. I use google maps when I want to find or call something and garmin when I want turn by turn directions to get there...

Can't comment on the music player since I don't use my phone to listen to music...

Live search's database seems to be far inferior to google's so I find it is often harder to find stuff off of. The info seems more outdated too...
awesome you da man

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro