PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Opening a new account and cancelling within 30 days (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42550)

Hoof 11-01-2008 11:08 AM

Opening a new account and cancelling within 30 days

It might not be the most legit way to get the phone but I was planning on opening a new line and then canceling within the first 30 days and then just activating the phone thought my current line.

I went to bestbuy and the girl told me I would have to return the phone first before they canceled the line. Can anyone confirm this? I ended up having to leave but plan to return later today.

hibby50 11-01-2008 11:13 AM

Re: Opening a new account and cancelling within 30 days

u would have to pay 200 early termination

Hoof 11-01-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 489492)
u would have to pay 200 early termination

Even within the first 30 days? I thought there was no penalty as long as you didn't go over.

jjday7 11-01-2008 11:15 AM

they will charge you the whole amount for the phone. Can't be slick like that anymore. they are giving the phone to you at a discount due to you signing a two year contract. Not only will they charge you the 200 cancel fee, they just might charge you the whole amount of the phone. I have seen it happen

Hoof 11-01-2008 11:20 AM

Bummer, thanks for the info guys. Time for plan b, even though it means I have to spend an extra $150 in the long run its worth it.

jethro_static 11-01-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoof (Post 489509)
Bummer, thanks for the info guys. Time for plan b, even though it means I have to spend an extra $150 in the long run its worth it.

Are U trying to get the phone free?

jjday7 11-01-2008 11:37 AM

call in to retention and complain like hell and they will do something. You might have to call like 10 times but if you show you are really unhappy they will hook you up. I wanted to diamond when it came out and was only in my contract 10 months and I started complaining about my touch. They offered me the diamond at 350. I called back two days later and said that's not good enough and they said ok 250.00.

I then went to best buy and got a touch pro with the 150 discount. Retention made me upgrade eligible when they gave me those offers. I got my touch pro for 250 out the door.

Dr.8820 11-01-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoof (Post 489486)
It might not be the most legit way to get the phone but I was planning on opening a new line and then canceling within the first 30 days and then just activating the phone thought my current line.

I went to bestbuy and the girl told me I would have to return the phone first before they canceled the line. Can anyone confirm this? I ended up having to leave but plan to return later today.

they will not charge $200 for canceling as long as it's in 30 days.but you will pay $579.99 plus tax.just call retentions as previously stated.not bragging but i got an instinct and touch pro for $80 bucks each.

DexterDawg 11-01-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoof (Post 489486)

I don't normally do this, but really? Are you serious? Why would you think that you could keep the phone?

Scrotum 11-01-2008 01:42 PM

WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Some people are amazing.