PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales for 399-

i'm on Sero500 since about august of 2007. when i contacted sprint (via the customer service email) about ugrading my phone, they told me i could have a $75 plus another $75 since i've called in the past about problems with my Mogul. so, with a total of $150 in discounts, they told me i can buy the TP for $429.99 and not have to resign my contract (i like the SERO500 plan better then the Everything500 plan which costs twice as much).

im wondering though, if i was to upgrade my service plan to the Everything500 plan, if they'd give me another 100 or 200 off the TP. it just doesn't make much sense though, my SERO plan costs about $35 a month, and the Everything500 plan is about $65 a month. so over a year, i'd end up paying an extra $360 for the service plan, or i could get a (maybe) $200 discount on the phone. in the long run, it makes more sense to stay on the SERO plan and just pay $429 for the TPro.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: SERO Customers who don't qualify for upgrade but order through telesales for 399-

failed miserably couldn't get it @ 300
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

Keep trying if you are over a year into your contract with SERO. If you get ahold of the right people (still not sure who exactly) you are allowed your 2 year upgrade pricing YEARLY with SERO. Its one of those perks that arent blatently advertised, but are part of the whole package deal.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BeLikMike23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesoprock00 View Post
i'm on Sero500 since about august of 2007. when i contacted sprint (via the customer service email) about ugrading my phone, they told me i could have a $75 plus another $75 since i've called in the past about problems with my Mogul. so, with a total of $150 in discounts, they told me i can buy the TP for $429.99 and not have to resign my contract (i like the SERO500 plan better then the Everything500 plan which costs twice as much).

im wondering though, if i was to upgrade my service plan to the Everything500 plan, if they'd give me another 100 or 200 off the TP. it just doesn't make much sense though, my SERO plan costs about $35 a month, and the Everything500 plan is about $65 a month. so over a year, i'd end up paying an extra $360 for the service plan, or i could get a (maybe) $200 discount on the phone. in the long run, it makes more sense to stay on the SERO plan and just pay $429 for the TPro.
I extended my contract 2 years to get it for cheaper and I will still have the $30 plan for the 2 years. Why would you have to get the Everything500 plan?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850

aesoprock00 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLikMike23 View Post
I extended my contract 2 years to get it for cheaper and I will still have the $30 plan for the 2 years. Why would you have to get the Everything500 plan?
i didn't realize that they would extend the SERO500 plan, since they are no longer offering it. i figured if i was going to upgrade, they'd make me upgrade my phone plan as well and the only thing comparable would be the Everything500 plan. hmm, this changes everything!

Last edited by aesoprock00; 10-30-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:25 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i will just wait til i can get a better price from ebay... the phone price would drop after 1 week when everyone get's it anyways

i couldn't get telesales to order for me nor could i get the promotional price since i'm not eligible

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro