PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Picturemail doesn't like .net 3.5! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42157)

david7586 10-29-2008 04:40 PM

Sprint Picturemail doesn't like .net 3.5!

I was having issues with my Sprint Picture mail. Stuff would stay in my outbox and would always go to a "pending" status. Any picmail that was sent to my phne would be ignored eventhough it showed up on my online album. I had a diamond, and everything worked perfectly; my picmail would correctly send/receive.

It turns out that if i tried using picture mail AFTER a hard reset, it would work correctly. I figured it was some software conflict and installed software one by one until I narrowed it down to dotnet3.5 compact framework. I tried using the installer from the windows website and a cab file floating around xda.

So I'm not sure what to do because I want to have my picturemail working, but I also want all my apps that need .net 3.5 to work also.

Also, picture mail worked fine WITh .net 3.5 installed when I had my sprint diamond. I was using Juicy's ROM at the time. I guess there's some sort of software conflict with the stock rom.

TurboFool 10-29-2008 04:47 PM

Re: Sprint Picturemail doesn't like .net 3.5!

Did you install the PictureMail update?

david7586 10-29-2008 04:58 PM

yes, the picturemail update was installed straight after the hard reset.

@ turbofool: is picturemail working fine for you with .net 3.5?

i will be testing this on another touch pro later tonight to confirm its not just my touch pro.

freeza 10-29-2008 05:02 PM

doing a test now....

Compusmurf 10-29-2008 05:02 PM

Mine works. BUT there is a catch. If I have Wifi on, it won't send. Once I turn Wifi off, picturemail will send.

I've not tested this multiple times as I don't do alot of picture mail stuff, but thats what I've noticed.

Yes I have .net 3.5 installed too.

MadlyAlive 10-29-2008 05:03 PM

I've got 3.5 installed as well with no issues (with the Pic Mail Update installed).

freeza 10-29-2008 05:08 PM

I just sent myself a picture message and it received on my phone just fine....BTW i installed NETCF3.5 yesterday to run the new Advanced Config 3.3...

david7586 10-29-2008 05:09 PM

thank you for the responses guys.

just to make sure everything is all set. if you highlight a msg in the picturemail app and hit the "options" softkey, you can select message details. Under status it should say "Sent". If it says "pending", then still isnt completed eventhough the msg may go through. Also, I assume you guys are receiving picture mail fine? you can use the sprint picture mail website to test it out.

david7586 10-29-2008 05:11 PM

TY freeza, it sounds like this is a problem with my touch pro setup. ill try installing .net again and see if it works fine now.

david7586 10-29-2008 05:24 PM

hmm, no dice yet. It's still pending. Ill get back to you guys when i cna tets it out on another touch pro, just so i know im not going crazy.