PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   keeps waking up by itself? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42103)

citivolus 10-29-2008 11:18 AM

keeps waking up by itself?

Every time I look at the Touch Pro it is sitting awake. All timers are set to turn off after certain amounts of time but they seem to be ignored.

Why is it constantly waking up by itself? I have the same problem with my wife's Mogul.

cornelious2 10-29-2008 11:21 AM

Re: keeps waking up by itself?

considering you have the same issue with a different model of phone start with telling us what all is installed on your phone besides stock (or tell us which custom rom you use) along with any regedits you have done.

citivolus 10-29-2008 12:00 PM

on the Touch Pro, I've only installed:
SlingPlayer
Esmertec JBED
Opera Mini
Resco Explorer

I've read that the problem is widely reported on the Mogul with no apparent solution (that I've found).

is no one else having this problem with their Touch Pro?

big3etr 10-29-2008 12:03 PM

I notice that even with the phone set to have all buttons locked when in 'sleep' mode, the phone will awke up by sliding the keyboard out. This is annoying...

TurboFool 10-29-2008 12:12 PM

Welcome to Windows Mobile.

cornelious2 10-29-2008 12:12 PM

I do know that the phones wake up on sms, not sure about e-mail. did you get a text/do you have push e-mail enabled and got a message within the sleep/check time?

Gh05t 10-29-2008 12:17 PM

Maybe its something with the service or something cause when im driving it always wakes up in certain areas and doesnt wake up in others

HTCFord 10-29-2008 12:17 PM

I have the same issue with my Touch Pro and I had the same issue with my PPC6700.
My touch pro did this when it was right out of the box. It would just turn on.

cornelious2 10-29-2008 12:27 PM

I think switching from roaming to in network or vice verse causes this too. Are you in.traveling through a low signal area?

saqer 10-29-2008 12:34 PM

I think it's whenever a new data connection is established. The best way to prevent this is to keep it to always on, but even then whenever there's an active data session the screen will also turn on :/ . So disable any apps that automatically update like the weather screen for t3fd (if that's possible).

It could also be because of activesync. If you don't use push email setup a dummy exchange account and change the preferences to manual.

That might not even do it for you. It could be the radio of the device - the part that's responsible for voice/data. So turning it off during times you don't need the phone part could be of use while saving you some battery life.

Even after all that it'll still randomly turn on sometimes to check certain administrative functions, scheduled tasks, etc. You can't really prevent that unless you're running nothing on the device.

Also check the Today screen time out. If it's set to a default of four hours, the PPC will turn on every four hours to update it.

Finally, there are many 3rd party apps that are very good at managing power settings automatically. I personally use phonealarm and it's merit is u can set specific power options for certain profiles - all of which are configurable by the user. So, under a certain profile you can have it to the backlight only lasts 10 seconds then turns off. So, that could defintely help with battery life too.

good luck. It's one of those quirks with windows mobile like someone mentioned earlier.