PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using their Touch Pro handsfree through Car Stereo?

Haven't spent too much time on it, but my 2009 Altima doesn't work quite right. It will sync up and connect just fine, but the audio is choppy. My previous Mogul did the same thing. I read somewhere that its a driver compatibiliy issue that was fixed on other ppc phones.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

I'm using a Jabra BT-3030 (meant for headphones) to go into my car's AUX port, since it doesn't have BT built in to the stereo. Works pretty well, other than some minor usage conflicts with my headset.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

I use the Motorola MotoRokr t505 BT/FM Transciever. Also has a built-in speaker.
The nice thing is that it comes with a car charger, and that can also be used to charge your phone (mini-usb). I drive truck and it lasts a day on a charge with continuous streaming.

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/t505/

It also has a few buttons for calls and music control, such as pause/play, next and previous tracks, and a call button that will either activate the phone's built-in voice command functions or redial the last number.

I prefer this device as it allows me to use any stereo setup with minimal intrusion and setup time. I also use a proclip system to mount my phone to my dash for added GPS goodness.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellis View Post
Are you using the JETware Hands-free Extension with the Pioneer setup or did it setup properly without it?
I got the Pioneer Avic D3 and I'm also usin JETware. I just automatically installed before trying it without it.

The TouchPro with the Avic D3 combination is SICK!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
I also use a proclip system to mount my phone to my dash for added GPS goodness.
I have been using a Proclip for quite a while with my Titan's & it works super, when I drop the phone in it charges the battery & connects the sound to my killer stereo.

I am getting a TP in the next day or so I want a Proclip for it. When I went to their site, the only one they list is for the GSM version. I assume this will probably fit the sprint version also, but I wasn't sure.

Are you using the sprint TP in the GSM clip???

~John
Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

ya know, i did not notice or realize that the proclip was for the gsm version. i got the standard vertical holder, and it seems to fit ok, but it's pretty snug. I'm starting to wonder if the sprint version would be different.
maybe i can take a file or some sandpaper to it. Oh, i also have to remove the stylus before inserting or removing it from the proclip.

However, I also use the quick-move clip, that little V shaped adapter, so i wind up removing the holder from the dash mount, then using both hands to insert/remove the phone, then replacing it on the dash holder. seems to work well enough.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
ya know, i did not notice or realize that the proclip was for the gsm version. i got the standard vertical holder, and it seems to fit ok, but it's pretty snug. I'm starting to wonder if the sprint version would be different.
Yea, it might be slightly different but I only see one version listed for now.

If it fits that tight, it might not work at all with a skin like the BodyGuardz installed. I know my Titan is a VERY tight fit into the Proclip with the BodyGuardz skin on it........

~John
Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mtnbiker is a n00b

R1_Rydah -

I have the same setup as us (Touch Pro and DNX-8120), but I seem to be having issues with it. The first time the bluetooth connects, it works okay, until I make a call. Then shortly after the call completes, the BT link drops and never re-establishes, until I go into the setup menu on the headunit and force it to. Also, the Kenwood will not link up if it was powered on first and then the phone (like when I remote start my truck and then go out to it. The link won't come up, until I force it). Have you seen any of these issues or did you have to make any changes to either your Kenwood or your TP? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
R1_Rydah -

I have the same setup as us (Touch Pro and DNX-8120), but I seem to be having issues with it. The first time the bluetooth connects, it works okay, until I make a call. Then shortly after the call completes, the BT link drops and never re-establishes, until I go into the setup menu on the headunit and force it to.
thats odd, once my phone connects it stays connected...

Quote:
Also, the Kenwood will not link up if it was powered on first and then the phone (like when I remote start my truck and then go out to it. The link won't come up, until I force it).
my phone does this also if I use my remote starter... but it also did it with two other smartphone's (treo's) so it's not a touch pro issue... I think the 8120 only searches for the phone for about a min after start-up... even though the phone display says disconnected if I make or receive a call from the TP, the 8120 picks up the call right away... I just can't initiate my 1st call from the 8120 when I use the remote starter, I have to do it via the phone...

Quote:
Have you seen any of these issues or did you have to make any changes to either your Kenwood or your TP? Thanks.
No changes to the radio or phones bt stack... Here's my firmware/software versions...
Radio SW/FW: 2.2.9-320-323
Radio BT: 1.40

Touch Pro (sprint)
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

is there anyway to use my htc touch as a remote for my headunit or jsut get it to play the music from phone to car.. my headunit does not have bluetooth. and wen i use the usb port it doesnt do anything

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro