PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro is the speediest WM phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41830)

pufftissue 10-27-2008 02:19 PM

Touch Pro is the speediest WM phone?

Hi,

If the Touch Pro is faster than my 800w, I'll be very interested in the Touch Pro. My 800w is super buggy. Can you guys comment on the speed?

ScrapMaker 10-27-2008 02:27 PM

Re: Touch Pro is the speediest WM phone?

Very fast. I imagine it would be a great deal faster if you disable TF3D, but it's still amazingly fast with it on.

I've grown pretty fond of TF2D/3D... plus, I just assigned long-hold-volume-down to bring up "Second Today." Where I keep GPSToday... and any other Today plugin

Baffles 10-27-2008 02:29 PM

Why GPSToday? I found it buggy and icky, and GPS toggling is not required on the Pro anyhow.

Cicatrize 10-27-2008 02:32 PM

It's the speediest WM phone *I've* ever seen. I'd say it's a hair faster than the Touch.

TurboFool 10-27-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 479034)
It's the speediest WM phone *I've* ever seen. I'd say it's a hair faster than the Touch.

Seconded. Fasted I've used.

jjday7 10-27-2008 03:03 PM

this is the best and smoothest WM phone that I have played with. It does have some bugs but everything is pretty smooth. Internet explorer is a big step up too. No sticky scrolling anymore.

FlashGordon 10-27-2008 03:47 PM

It has the best processor out of all of the WM phones, so it's the fastest WM phone. TF3D makes it even better.

FoxRacR17 10-27-2008 04:24 PM

Never had a WM phone before this one. Always heard they were slow so I was afraid to get this one but I just bit the bullet and got it. It is way faster then what i was expecting so i am extremely happy with it. Everyone once in a while it does slow down to a crawl, but that is probably due to my "dual-core" mentality of doing a zillion things at once on my desktop pc. I cant wait till some custom roms come out that git rid of the crap like sprint tv and sprint music store. Then this thing will REALLY be smoking!

Fuzzy Wuzzy 10-27-2008 04:30 PM

Is it faster than the Touch Diamond?

GPSToday 10-27-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 479031)
Why GPSToday? I found it buggy and icky, and GPS toggling is not required on the Pro anyhow.

Baffles, if you were a user, this comment would be fine. But since you are a developer with a similar product, it smacks of "negative campaigning". Have you even used GPSToday in a while to see what all it does? It is not a "GPS Toggler". And it may be many things, but it sure isn't buggy.
We encourage you to try it, you may actually begin to like it.