PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Same Pop3 E-mail Problem

Just keep in mind this won't work if you are connected via WIFI... (you will have to change the info again)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Why dont you just get Gmail and have your cox email forwarded there. OR, gmailhas an option to check other email accounts and put the emails in the gmail inbox.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I am having a little bit of a different problem. I have set up 3 pop acounts, all exactly the same setup(except the address of course). the first one works perfect and I can recieve, reply and send new emails, BUT the second two can only recieve, no reply or new emails. I had this same problem with my touch so this time I set up a different account first and that one works. It appears to me the be the first one set up is fine and the others get the following error message.
"The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. then try sending again."

the odd things is I will get this when I hit send/recieve and I just got incoming email. Anybody familar with this error?

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

In The Office is a n00b

Thanks for the valuable information in this thread, folks.

And as a follow up, I find myself wondering if anyone has a thought on this: when Sprint decommissions it's sprintpcs email service at the end of the year, will it prevent those of us who use their smtp server from being able to send emails in the same fashion we have been?

I have a roadrunner account which has been my sole email address for years. Will I now be unable to easily use it on my Pro once sprintpcs email goes the way of the dinosaur?

Many thanks for your ideas.

Best,
Ito
Old 11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
I am having a little bit of a different problem. I have set up 3 pop acounts, all exactly the same setup(except the address of course). the first one works perfect and I can recieve, reply and send new emails, BUT the second two can only recieve, no reply or new emails. I had this same problem with my touch so this time I set up a different account first and that one works. It appears to me the be the first one set up is fine and the others get the following error message.
"The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. then try sending again."

the odd things is I will get this when I hit send/recieve and I just got incoming email. Anybody familar with this error?
The fix for this is now avalible from MS and the link is in the "Touch Pro Essentials" sticky thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

drkgouki is a n00b

This may be due to a known bug in Windows Mobile 6.1. Download and install this patch to see if it resolves the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en&tm

EDIT: I didn't notice the comment right above, sorry! I'll leave the link anyway as a quick link to the source.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen

This also occurs too with my Comcast account. This was a WHILE back, but I used to be able to send/receive email just fine with my Mogul, then all of a sudden, I couldn't send email. I hadn't changed my settings, and I setup my account all the time in Opera and use the same exact settings. But using smtp.comcast.net for the Outgoing server doesn't work anymore. Even using SSL. Anyone else using Crapcast?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Twinsen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Twinsen Send a message via AIM to Twinsen Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
The fix for this is now avalible from MS and the link is in the "Touch Pro Essentials" sticky thread.
Holy crap! I can't believe that patch actually fixed it!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Holy crap! I can't believe that patch actually fixed it!
I said about the same thing.....its been buggin me for a year on the mogul and touch and everytime I brought it up I was treated like I had no clue. Well now all 5 of my emails work and I can send out of them normally.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

moorewj is a n00b

I'm new to this but this seems like the right thread. I have been trying very hard to find the solution to get Cox Pop3 (West) working on my HTC Touch Pro using Cricket as a carrier. Anyone has the answer? Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro