PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TF3D crashing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41387)

Jact 10-24-2008 09:41 PM

TF3D crashing

When flipping through pics within TouchFlo it gets to a specific pic located on my memory card and the screen blanks out and touchflo restarts. Every time I get to the pic the same issue occurs, however if I go full screen, I am able to flick through every pic. Anyone get a similar issue?

sn0b0ard 10-24-2008 09:42 PM

Re: TF3D crashing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact (Post 473442)
When flipping through pics within TouchFlo it gets to a specific pic located on my memory card and the screen blanks out and touchflo restarts. Every time I get to the pic the same issue occurs, however if I go full screen, I am able to flick through every pic. Anyone get a similar issue?

Try a hard reset to fix the issue, if that doesn't work, take the phone back.

TurboFool 10-24-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0b0ard (Post 473446)
Try a hard reset to fix the issue, if that doesn't work, take the phone back.

It's not a hardware problem, so taking the phone back's not going to help anything. Sounds like a glitch in the software. Try moving that photo out of the folder and maybe recompressing it or something and see if that clears it up. That photo's overwhelming the software.

harlem135th 10-24-2008 09:50 PM

i did a hard reset twice same thing

sn0b0ard 10-24-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 473452)
It's not a hardware problem, so taking the phone back's not going to help anything. Sounds like a glitch in the software. Try moving that photo out of the folder and maybe recompressing it or something and see if that clears it up. That photo's overwhelming the software.

If no one else is reporting the issue, then it sounds like the phone is defective. I had a Touch Diamond that was giving dll errors all the time, and I tried hard resetting it, and using different ROMs to no avail. I took the phone back to Sprint, and they exchanged it out for another one, and that new one does not have the dll errors in windows mobile. Just saying.

Jact 10-24-2008 09:59 PM

OK..so I removed that pic that I thought was having the issue, it appears to happen when trying to move onto the 4th picture. These are all pictures that were taken with my mogul 1200x1600 jpeg.

criticalaudioinc 10-24-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact (Post 473442)

How large is the picture and what type of picture is it? Jpeg or bmp?

criticalaudioinc 10-24-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact (Post 473497)
OK..so I removed that pic that I thought was having the issue, it appears to happen when trying to move onto the 4th picture. These are all pictures that were taken with my mogul 1200x1600 jpeg.

What you may want to try is saving the image as a jpg and maybe shrinking it down to see if the same issue occurs, if it does I would do a return sounds more like a TF3D curroption

saqer 10-24-2008 10:05 PM

you could also try opening the pic using the native windows mobile pic viewer and seeing it if it loads properly.

TurboFool 10-24-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0b0ard (Post 473480)
If no one else is reporting the issue, then it sounds like the phone is defective. I had a Touch Diamond that was giving dll errors all the time, and I tried hard resetting it, and using different ROMs to no avail. I took the phone back to Sprint, and they exchanged it out for another one, and that new one does not have the dll errors in windows mobile. Just saying.

Yes, but no one else has the exact same images he has. That's my point. Software crashing when you open a specific image is no evidence that his hardware is faulty until you've opened the exact same set of images on more than one device and it hasn't happened on the others. You have to duplicate the circumstances exactly, or prove that they can't be duplicated, before you start making assumptions about the hardware.