PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TF3D crashing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41387)

Jact 10-24-2008 09:41 PM

TF3D crashing

When flipping through pics within TouchFlo it gets to a specific pic located on my memory card and the screen blanks out and touchflo restarts. Every time I get to the pic the same issue occurs, however if I go full screen, I am able to flick through every pic. Anyone get a similar issue?

sn0b0ard 10-24-2008 09:42 PM

Re: TF3D crashing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact (Post 473442)
When flipping through pics within TouchFlo it gets to a specific pic located on my memory card and the screen blanks out and touchflo restarts. Every time I get to the pic the same issue occurs, however if I go full screen, I am able to flick through every pic. Anyone get a similar issue?

Try a hard reset to fix the issue, if that doesn't work, take the phone back.

TurboFool 10-24-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0b0ard (Post 473446)
Try a hard reset to fix the issue, if that doesn't work, take the phone back.

It's not a hardware problem, so taking the phone back's not going to help anything. Sounds like a glitch in the software. Try moving that photo out of the folder and maybe recompressing it or something and see if that clears it up. That photo's overwhelming the software.

harlem135th 10-24-2008 09:50 PM

i did a hard reset twice same thing

sn0b0ard 10-24-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 473452)
It's not a hardware problem, so taking the phone back's not going to help anything. Sounds like a glitch in the software. Try moving that photo out of the folder and maybe recompressing it or something and see if that clears it up. That photo's overwhelming the software.

If no one else is reporting the issue, then it sounds like the phone is defective. I had a Touch Diamond that was giving dll errors all the time, and I tried hard resetting it, and using different ROMs to no avail. I took the phone back to Sprint, and they exchanged it out for another one, and that new one does not have the dll errors in windows mobile. Just saying.

Jact 10-24-2008 09:59 PM

OK..so I removed that pic that I thought was having the issue, it appears to happen when trying to move onto the 4th picture. These are all pictures that were taken with my mogul 1200x1600 jpeg.

criticalaudioinc 10-24-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact (Post 473442)

How large is the picture and what type of picture is it? Jpeg or bmp?

criticalaudioinc 10-24-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact (Post 473497)
OK..so I removed that pic that I thought was having the issue, it appears to happen when trying to move onto the 4th picture. These are all pictures that were taken with my mogul 1200x1600 jpeg.

What you may want to try is saving the image as a jpg and maybe shrinking it down to see if the same issue occurs, if it does I would do a return sounds more like a TF3D curroption

saqer 10-24-2008 10:05 PM

you could also try opening the pic using the native windows mobile pic viewer and seeing it if it loads properly.

TurboFool 10-24-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0b0ard (Post 473480)
If no one else is reporting the issue, then it sounds like the phone is defective. I had a Touch Diamond that was giving dll errors all the time, and I tried hard resetting it, and using different ROMs to no avail. I took the phone back to Sprint, and they exchanged it out for another one, and that new one does not have the dll errors in windows mobile. Just saying.

Yes, but no one else has the exact same images he has. That's my point. Software crashing when you open a specific image is no evidence that his hardware is faulty until you've opened the exact same set of images on more than one device and it hasn't happened on the others. You have to duplicate the circumstances exactly, or prove that they can't be duplicated, before you start making assumptions about the hardware.

darren.wlsn1 10-24-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0b0ard (Post 473480)

had same problem. and im on my third diamond. 2 diff. issues.

Jact 10-24-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc (Post 473498)
How large is the picture and what type of picture is it? Jpeg or bmp?

They are Jpeg, and are between 100-200k. I tried removing the pictures it was scrolling to without luck...and the pictures come up fine with HTC album.

Sifter 10-24-2008 10:58 PM

Mine has crashed twice as well.

Jact 10-24-2008 11:06 PM

If I remove all of my old mogul pics, then it works like it should without crashing. took a bunch of test pics with the phone and no more issues

Certs 10-24-2008 11:08 PM

Mine crashes when I try to add People favorites. Every ROM I used on my Diamond did the same thing

TurboFool 10-24-2008 11:09 PM

Try putting them back in now and see. I think it has something to do with how they're encoded.

mdodge 10-24-2008 11:12 PM

yeah mine also crashed everytime on the 4th pic. they were pics taken with my mogul but once i removed them, all other pics were fine.

phat78boy 10-24-2008 11:15 PM

If I remember correctly, the Mogul had a weird way of encoding JPEG files that cause issues with many applications. I wouldn't be surprised if that is whats doing it.

Jact 10-24-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 473683)
Try putting them back in now and see. I think it has something to do with how they're encoded.

OK...tried to put them back in, and it crashed again. I think that you are right. There is a pic that it does not like.

Cicatrize 10-25-2008 12:13 AM

Same issue here. It's usually on the same picture that it crashes.

blue4shizzle 10-25-2008 02:36 AM

i have the same issue as well.. but honestly i doubt it has anything to do with the type of pics.. i think it just doesnt like pictures that werent taken by the actual touch pro.. because no matter how you try an re organize the pics it still does the same thing unless you use the pics that were only taken from the actual phone

APOLAUF 10-25-2008 04:43 AM

Same issue, doesn't like old Mogul pics. Works fine in "Album" mode, but not while flipping through them in TF3D.

blue4shizzle 10-25-2008 10:44 AM

now i noticed that even if you are browsing the touch pro's taken pics along with any other picture file you have previously taken with another phone, it still crashes

TurboFool 10-25-2008 11:30 AM

Yeah, this happens with mine, too. So it's a common bug. Not a huge deal, I'd rather use the album, but something to find a fix for.

ggoldfingerd 10-25-2008 01:53 PM

It is also happening to me, I'm going to take a look at the picture its crashing on later.

Sideman7 10-25-2008 02:02 PM

The "People" tab started crashing once I added my contacts last night... It says there is a problem with "manila.exe". Any idea how to fix that?

TurboFool 10-25-2008 07:04 PM

I moved all the photos from my Mogul out of the My Pictures folder on my memory card and this cleared up the issue. I have photos from older camera phones and from other sources that don't cause problems, seems to be just the Mogul photos that do it. I think it may have something to do with the rotation metadata.

SporkLover 10-26-2008 11:54 AM

Removing mogul pics didn't help me out. Mine kept crashing on the same pic. I went through my memory and reviewed the file causing it to crash, it was a video file from an older cell phone. Removed it from my My Documents folder and it started working fine.

munnarg 10-26-2008 12:29 PM

does anyone else find that TF3D takes forever to load after a soft reset or doesn't load at all?

chinoo 10-27-2008 11:41 AM

Mine is doing the same thing, when scrolling pic only scroll 2 pics then the TF3D crash.

dasaint 10-30-2008 01:36 PM

thanks guys moving the pics from my mogul solved the issue for me

ChronoT52 10-30-2008 02:00 PM

Same problem here- picture 9 causes a crash. Oddly enough, when I reach that picture, it also attempts to open Sirius WM5...no idea why.

937dytboi 11-10-2008 09:45 PM

same issue here after third pic it crashes

TurboFool 11-10-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 937dytboi (Post 510302)
same issue here after third pic it crashes

And did you try the fix that we've explained in here?

nenne2000 11-10-2008 10:06 PM

Dont recall where I read it, and it is a rather tedious process, but you need to go to your storage card, open up each picture individually, press the menu button on the bottom of the screen and click on edit. It will then show you the picture on a white background. Click the menu button again and press auto correct. This will allow you to scroll through your pictures in TF3D. Like I said it is tedious and annoying, but it will work.

lionspride 11-10-2008 10:11 PM

My touch pro did this when i tried to view pictures taken with my regular touch seeing as i only moved my sd card over, but i honestly just moved them and i only view them in the album viewer mode

stevedog8 11-11-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nenne2000 (Post 510353)
Dont recall where I read it, and it is a rather tedious process, but you need to go to your storage card, open up each picture individually, press the menu button on the bottom of the screen and click on edit. It will then show you the picture on a white background. Click the menu button again and press auto correct. This will allow you to scroll through your pictures in TF3D. Like I said it is tedious and annoying, but it will work.

No need to move you old moguls pics...this did the job for me...even though u have to auto correct each picture it is worth it...thanks nenne200 for this useful solution