PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Engadget - Hands-on with Sprint's Touch Pro

Engadgets just released a hands on review of the touch pro.

With 12 sexy pix to drool over
gallery link - http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos...nts-touch-pro/

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...nts-touch-pro/

"We're just going to get this out of the way upfront: this thing's got back. The version of the HTC Touch Pro gracing Sprint next month isn't going to win any awards for miniaturization -- but with the VGA display, extremely usable QWERTY board, and the time-tested, buttoned-up business efficiency of Windows Mobile, it's hard to argue that they really could've done any more to make it a ridiculously usable smartphone. Interestingly, the phone isn't actually any larger than its GSM cousin; the curves applied around the edges here definitely add a few optical pounds and it's still pretty pocketable (just don't expect to ever forget that it's in there). The keyboard is fantastic (as all HTC keyboards tend to be) and we were surprised at how tasteful -- nice, even -- the chrome rings around the around the edges of the two halves actually are when you see them. The backside is done up in a soft-touch grey that would probably look just a little better in black (or even the Touch Diamond's red), but at least the neutral shade keeps it just about as biz-friendly as they come.

Now here's the important part: after spending considerable time with both this and its QWERTY-free counterpart, we can definitely say that this one shouldn't simply be considered a "better Touch Diamond." The Diamond murders the Pro for total pocketability, sex appeal, and feel in the hand -- so you've really got to ask yourself just how badly you need that keyboard before you pull the trigger one way or another."
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Crossova is just getting started
Re: Engadget - Hands-on with Sprint's Touch Pro

Im all but sold on this phone. the rounded edges make this a definate winner in my book and look way better than the Squared-off-brick look of the GSM version that most reviews have been showing videos of thus far. the chrome (fingerprint magnet notwithstanding) is also a welcome plus, though all it means for me is that ill be buying a full body invisible shield for this thing. SOLD i want one NOW
Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I really can't wait for this to come out, brick or not this phone is sexy as hell.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossova View Post
Im all but sold on this phone. the rounded edges make this a definate winner in my book and look way better than the Squared-off-brick look of the GSM version that most reviews have been showing videos of thus far. the chrome (fingerprint magnet notwithstanding) is also a welcome plus, though all it means for me is that ill be buying a full body invisible shield for this thing. SOLD i want one NOW
I love the subtle styling changes that Sprint made also. Despite what engadget said about the color, I also love the light grey vs. the ugly burgundy-ish color. The thing I didn't like about engadget's report is they only state the "keyboard" as the reason to choose between one or the other, but they fail to mention the other functions that make the 2 differ (microSD slot, video out, etc...).

I just wish that Sprint had released this phone before I got the Mogul over a year ago...LOL.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

these pictures give me a much better feel for what the device will look like than any other pictures i have seen.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Still looks sexy to me
Old 09-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

I am foregoing upgrading to the Diamond, to hold out and see this phone in person. I have a feeling the chrome wrap around edges are going to be so annoying because of fingerprints. why on earth did they do that?!

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Lightbulb Re: Engadget - Hands-on with Sprint's Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
I am foregoing upgrading to the Diamond, to hold out and see this phone in person. I have a feeling the chrome wrap around edges are going to be so annoying because of fingerprints. why on earth did they do that?!
I like the chrome around it. Plus aint to many phone won't get finger prints on it so I really don't see the big deal. I find it funny ppl buy touch screen phones and scared when they touch em they gonna have a print on em. Lmao. And no this is not towards you just ppl in General who have touch phones n B**ch'in...Whine'in... And Complaini'n about prints on em lol

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I like the chrome around it. Plus aint to many phone won't get finger prints on it so I really don't see the big deal. I find it funny ppl buy touch screen phones and scared when they touch em they gonna have a print on em. Lmao. And no this is not towards you just ppl in General who have touch phones n B**ch'in...Whine'in... And Complaini'n about prints on em lol
Right there with you, bro. Design is perfect for my tastes. Classy and clean, but stands out just enough for people to ask "what phone is that?"

Maybe the people complaining about fingerprints have OCD?...LOL. I got over that quickly when I got my mogul. Only thing that ever bothered me is if I accidentally dropped the phone and noticed a slight chip on the paint (just like a car). Hopefully, with the sleeve they provide, I won't have to worry as much (and the invisible shield that I intend on putting on it as well).
Old 09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

It's beautiful. I wish the review was longer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro