PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: New Engaget pics/info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
I think the tv out is cool but can anyone guess how much the cables will be? Since they won't be coming with the phone
$27.99 if you want one now.
[£16.99 in UK]

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: New Engaget pics/info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
[£16.99 in UK]
Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
[£16.99 in UK]
Excellent! Even cheaper than I thought it would be.

From looking at the pictures, I wonder if the Mogul attachments will work? That way, I could have a monitor plugged in, ear phones and have the phone charging all at the same time.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

AClotfelter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by remydakid View Post
looks sweet.
was that a gsm or cdma model?
Looks like GSM, note pound and euro keys on the keyboard in the photo gallery...
Old 08-14-2008, 03:16 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
From what I've heard, the TV-Out displays only what is on the screen, but larger [because the pixels are significantly closer together on a VGA PPC than a TV or Monitor.]

For example: Look at your phone. The screen is 320x240. The Touch Diamond/Pro are almost identical [if not identical] in physical size, but they are 640x480. So again, look at your phone. When displayed on a TV or Monitor, your screen will look this big:

NOTE: These ARE the proper dimensions of a VGA device

I'm sure there will be much more info on it soon due to yesterday's release.
Unfortunately, it looks like the video out on the Touch Pro is going to be composite video. [http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...=news&id=5455]

If this is true, the video output will be nowhere near as crisp or clear as the image above. As composite is an analog format (and not a decent analog format, like a traditional VGA connector), the pixels will be blended with their neighbors, and you will definitely lose detail. The size of the TV/Projector you are using will have a lot to do with how acceptable the end product is (bigger will look worse). But in general, it will probably be good for playing rips of standard definition movies, and family video, etc... not so good for business presentations or screens with text and/or a lot of detail. Time will tell.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:08 AM
Lurker

I have done a few rough examples of what we might be able to expect from a composite output as seen on different TVs. The exact type and severity of distortions are going to depend a lot on the quality and size of the television... for a projector, you would probably be looking at something between the LCD and tube SDTV versions, depending on how large the projected image was.

Original

Standard tube-based standard-definition TV (SDTV)
(This example is probably a mid-to low end medium sized SDTV, or a large decent quality SDTV... notice the edge trimming is intentional, this is a common issue on these TVs. The actual quality would probably be somewhere between the example and the LCD shown next depending on age, quality and size of TV, but the edge trimming will likely be present on most any tube-based TV.)

LCD-based SDTV

16x9 Widescreen HDTV

As always, YMMV
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

MooZx3 is a n00b

anyone know if we will be able to put a version of skype on this to do wi-fi calling???
This is essential for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro