PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy to get diamond on aug 17th? pro to follow soon after I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
well the worst part for verizon with the processor change is that its the same one from the touch, which we know doesnt have the video drivers.....
unlikely they will not include driver support as touchflo 3d needs this support.... also I suspect the ISM will be used for video memory which will need to be supported with drivers?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
unlikely they will not include driver support as touchflo 3d needs this support.... also I suspect the ISM will be used for video memory which will need to be supported with drivers?
Yeah, they can use the drivers as effective motivation for people to upgrade their device.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

effective motivation? Please. If HTC releases drivers for the MSM7500, its going to give people *LESS* incentive to upgrade because we'll have them ported to the Mogul AND the Touch in less than 2 weeks.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...pr/1#c13522089
we'll see....

this also seems to confirm it:

http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/0044476806605

as engadget points out the 17th might be a little ambitious but:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...nt-this-month/

also shows an august release for diamond....

also, as some others have posted the touch has been discounted to $99 after contract which seems to hint at a pending release of the diamond too....
So I guess the August release was ambitious?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Was? Today is only the 6th... But, yes, the 17th seems unlikely to happen.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
Was? Today is only the 6th... But, yes, the 17th seems unlikely to happen.
I was basing it off the article that came out after the holo posted the info about Best Buy.

Aside from that, based on the articles, it seems as though the Best Buy info was a "projection" more-so than actual release date.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
effective motivation? Please. If HTC releases drivers for the MSM7500, its going to give people *LESS* incentive to upgrade because we'll have them ported to the Mogul AND the Touch in less than 2 weeks.

I couldn't really see them caring that much. Honestly, I'd think they'd be more than happy to let us get our hands on the drivers in a less than legal way - they just don't want to pay qualcomm to enable the video acceleration on the current devices - they'd probably be happy to end all the silly htcclassaction style websites while not paying qualcomm the license fees. We are a minority of customers anyways and I can't really see it hurting their sales that much (besides, the pro/diamond are major upgrades even ignoring driver issues). Not to mention even if they were released, it will still be VGA, and probably not an easy job to get actual drivers working on QVGA from a VGA device. I think that is the main problem getting them working on current devices anyways (I have heard the main issue is getting them to talk to the QVGA screen and not to the graphics chip itself).
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I was basing it off the article that came out after the holo posted the info about Best Buy.

Aside from that, based on the articles, it seems as though the Best Buy info was a "projection" more-so than actual release date.
Very possible, but if you note the screenshot, it gave that as an actual release date in their system, and it is (somewhat) likely they would know the true date. Engadget doesn't really know either, and while I'm not saying it's coming out on the 17th, I am saying anyone's guess is probably as good as Engadget's.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I walked into bestbuy yesterday and asked the manager if she had any clue, she pulled up here inventory screen and it showed the diamond with a release of aug 17th I am getting freaking stoked. I actually saw the screen with my own two eyes....
Old 08-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I walked into bestbuy yesterday and asked the manager if she had any clue, she pulled up here inventory screen and it showed the diamond with a release of aug 17th I am getting freaking stoked. I actually saw the screen with my own two eyes....
Yeah, one of my friends from when I used to work there pulled it up for me last night as well. I had him take the supplier number and see if the Touch Pro was listed yet, but it wasn't. I still feel as if the date may only be an estimate, but would be pretty excited if it was actually true.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro