PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of Windows Mobile works better?
Windows Mobile 6.1 10 34.48%
Windows Mobile 6.5 Series 19 65.52%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What happened to all the WM 6.1 Roms?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw.99 View Post
Yeah, but if the CDMA iPhone comes out for Verizon, your gonna see a ton of WM users leave.... I have always liked WM, but its down the ladder below BB, Android and iPhone in the market share...
yea but WM still has the most features of all of them, its like a PC and a phone in one, and android is about equal to WM feature wise at least from what I've used. and who cares about market share? all that matters is what the device can do. only reason iPhone has the most marketshare is because all the tarados out there bought into the hype surrounding it and the bias reviews . ¡al diablo con la manzana podrida!

Last edited by eric12341; 05-11-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

theres never going to be a vzw iphone. thats the only thing keeping att alive.
I actually dont want iphone's to come to vzw. its not because i hate them, well it kinda is. the main reason i dont want them to come over to vzw is because apple is so controling they will try to take over vzw like they do with att.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Hmmm... I dont agree... The iPhone is poular due to the iPod and iTunes craze from a few years back... People want to combine their devices and their massive iTunes collections into one, and only a true Apple product can do that... Thats why I want it...

Plus the iPhone syncs directly with Outlook and Android does not... That was a deal killer for me when I considered one...Then for some reason the apps such as Facebbok and games are just better on iPhone...Being a PC/Windows guy, I dont ride the Apple bandwagon, but Im rooting for the CDMA iPhone...
Old 05-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

you can root all you want for a CDMA iPhone, but honestly i dont see it happening unless you want to kill AT&T
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ebven if a contract is for 5 years, ATTs customer satisfaction numbers (or dis-satisfaction numbers) are enough to make that void... Im sure there is language in the contract that states " if you cripple our device with shoddy service, your out"...

But back to the main thread start, I have tried 20+ roms of all kinds for the nerfed VZW device (6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x) and still havent found any that work everytime as the 6.1 version of Mighty.. I have been lured into so nice roms but there is always a must have that I cant get working, restarts, memory shortages, or features I just dont care for....I even keep that one on my lappy and gaming machines if i need a quick flash...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
theres never going to be a vzw iphone. thats the only thing keeping att alive.
I actually dont want iphone's to come to vzw. its not because i hate them, well it kinda is. the main reason i dont want them to come over to vzw is because apple is so controling they will try to take over vzw like they do with att.

So... Be honest bro... Are you saying you would not try one at all if it does happen??.. Do you have an iPod?.. Use iTunes??.. Just curious...

( Sorry to the author for hijacking the thread..lol..)
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

Honestly I would try it out on the floor, but I know for a fact I wouldnt switch. I like my windows mobile. If vzw does get the iPhone I would hate it even more. Honestly you dont know how many ppl around here think the iPhone is the best thing since sliced bread. I mean yeah its cool, but you dont have to shove the phone down my throat i have my opinion too. (that was to my friend not to anybody here lol)
Old 05-12-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ahhh... I know the feeling.. I have a friend that has one and he is obsessed with it as his first smartphone... I remind him that I have an ipod Touch, so I know what they do... Then I also laugh we he cant send a text or make a call because ATT is ghetto service out this way...

For me, CDMA iPhone would would make my life easier.. One set of chargers, one device to keep up with and just have everything work.... Its all personal need I guess...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Yeah the one thing i dont like about itunes is its not a folder structure system. Well it is in a way, but i like to setup my folders my way and not in some gibberish named folders.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i ate the ROMS, sorry had the munchies..

.. did the poll.. i run 6.5.. but read all the threads, most people are wondering why they cant get same things to work in 6.5... 6.1 just ran a little cleaner overall IMO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro