PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to use srpint TP for other providers?

Alright, so right before I canceled with Sprint, I ran my phone over and called to get a replacement. In the process, they mailed me a brand new one, in a sealed box. Now, I had bought the phone itself when I started with it, so I own it, not sprint. So, my question is, is it possible to use the Sprint TP with another provider, or am I stuck trying to find someone that will buy it?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work
Re: Possible to use srpint TP for other providers?

I know it is possible to flash to another carrier, you should do some digging on this forum, I have seen a couple tutorials about it. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

You will be limited to CDMA networks, of which Verizon is the only other major player of...
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you have vwz, but its getting tougher unless ur experienced with things were not allowed to talk about..

MetroPCS, pretty easy to do...

also can do Boost, but need to buy a BS boost cdma phone 1st and some cleaver hacking to achieve this one....
Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mastahc411 is just getting started

You would have to change the ESN (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111584) or get verizon to add the original one to their database (good luck with that). While I'm thinking about it, why is it supposedly illegal to change the ESN on a phone that you own outright? I mean if you pay full price without any carrier subsidies, why is it frowned upon here?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There always cricket. They are low cost, no contract alot like metro. Just a little easier to get your ESN in their system.
Here is thread on how to flash a TP over to the cricket network posted on HoFo http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607926
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahc411 View Post
You would have to change the ESN (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111584) or get verizon to add the original one to their database (good luck with that). While I'm thinking about it, why is it supposedly illegal to change the ESN on a phone that you own outright? I mean if you pay full price without any carrier subsidies, why is it frowned upon here?
The laws that are in place on Cloning were written to prosecute theft of services and Telecom fraud. It was a popular black market trick to sale a cloned phone. and for some that would want 7 phones for each day of the week but don't want to pay for 7 phones there fore robbing the phone companies of that revenue. In my opinion I think it's frowned on because it leads to and promotes theft and crime.
It also hinders the networks and causes issues there as well. There are legal ways of doing it that can be found on the FCC website. Forms from carriers manufacturers that would need to be signed.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BlingDynasty is just getting started

Just flashed my phone and my wife's phone to cricket. It's actually pretty easy once you figure it out. Getting your ESN is their system is as easy as a phone call away. They'll only tell you that they don't guarantee the capabilities of flashed phones, but everything will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro