PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Get your msl / spc here!!!

If GetSPL and bafmsl doesn't work for you, try this! Worked perfectly for me!! I cannot locate the origin of this information but it does work!

1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Temp" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Temp" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

On my Touch Pro the ATDbg file was actually in a folder from the root named Atlog (\Atlog). If you can't find the folder just do a search with GSFinder or Total Commander for "ATDbg" and it should come up.

I do not know if this works on all windows mobile devices, but I know it worked on my Touch Pro (even when GetSPL and BafMSL did not) and it's reported to work on Titans/Moguls.

EDIT: Confirmed to also work on the Touch / Vogue

Last edited by petermg; 01-01-2010 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Get your msl / spc here!!!

Awesome! Worked great for me as well on a TP, and I've been trying to find a way to get this for a while.

Has anyone tried this on a TP2?
Old 01-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Glad it worked for you!! I can now also confirm this works on the Touch aka Vogue!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

lmao, u guys know if u call ur carrier and ask for your msl, theyll just give it to you... if they ask why, just say your a developer...but they shouldnt even hassle u anyways
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
lmao, u guys know if u call ur carrier and ask for your msl, theyll just give it to you... if they ask why, just say your a developer...but they shouldnt even hassle u anyways
It doesn't always work that way. If you buy a Sprint phone with a bad ESN of eBay to flash to cricket or Metro and call Sprint for the MSL it is a big head ache and might take 50 or 60 calls to get it. The direct methods are the easiest for flashers.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
and how is that easier than running GETSPC, BAFMSL, or the way listed in the first post?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: hopefully boost

docaudiochris is a n00b

Excellant!!!

This works for Touch Pro 2.

Worked great 1st time out...
Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

atticusalien is a n00b

Awesome! This worked with my CDMA HTC Touch Diamond.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

i *think* the problem for many is that you need to have the phone in flight mode before you start the applications, and many people don't do that. I used bafmsl on the last 3 TPs I needed the info from.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid SPH i350

penyayathati is a n00b

Somebody pls tell me how to access to CDMA Service Edit Screen on Sprint Samsung Intrepid SPH i350
I have SPC code but don't know how to use it

Thanks a lot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
bafmsl, getspc, msl, spc