PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

theartofruin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Black Screen

All of a sudden my TP started giving me a black screen. The backlight still comes on and the phone is functional but the screen is black. I haven't dropped it or anything. I was running EmpiROM and tried flashing back to the stock ROM with to avail. I'm thinking about relocking it and taking it to Verizon this is my 3rd TP. Either that, or opening it up and checking the connections but I don't want to void the warranty. As soon as I turn the phone on none of the screens show. No bootloader, no loading screen just all black.

Last edited by theartofruin; 06-10-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theartofruin is a n00b
Re: Black Screen

Update: I dissasembled the phone and checked all connections everything seems to be fine but I'm still having problems. Now I've voided the warranty so I don't know what to do. I only get 2 claims via Asurion and I've used them because this is my 3rd TP.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

A good friend of mine had this happen to him twice. The first time he dropped it, the second time it just went out (like you're describing). We never found a way to fix it so he got them replaced. Not sure how intense they would look to see if it's been disassembled...
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theartofruin is a n00b

Yeah, I'm getting tired of this phone. At first it was straight, but now it gives me a problem at LEAST once a week...even after my 3rd device. Randomly one time after the dissembley it turned on and the screen worked but then it froze and since then I haven't been able to get it up again.

Last edited by theartofruin; 06-10-2010 at 09:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro