PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: back to stock

Im on Mightys latest and everything works perfect for me. I just had a baby girl and I nearly broke Sprints pic mail server from all the pics and videos I was sending lol. But everything went through. Ive been on stock ROMS since the Mogul, I always wanted the official ROMs. But even after 6.5 is official, I doubt Im switching
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I always find myself going back to stock also, on this phone rom is actually not bad at all. Only thing missing on stock is eye candy.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Welp I have gone back to stock roms the kitchens were great but just to unstable to much freezing and restarting and I just had enough. The roms were awesome though and i hope in the future the stability improves I may try again sucks to casue i loved winmo 6.x.x. Anyone else decide to go back? I dont wanna feel alone!! lol
Hmmm.. That was certainly the case in the first version of everyones ROMS, but they seem to have gotten pretty solid. Both Mighty's and CFays are pretty good out of the box now, and I haven't had to do a soft reset in days. In fact Mighty's is so smooth that I think it could actually be running better than the stock Sprint rom.

I think all I had to do to get MMS working was install the rom, run the provisioning and install the arcsoft cab.

I had tried several winmo 6.5.3 and manila 2.5 roms, the features were great but I never found a stable one. So, I'm now back to Mighty's rom.

It does take a bit of patience to keep reflashing new roms until you find the right one. For me the stock rom just wasn't good enough.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am running JDs rom and have not had to soft reset yet. And everything works (MMS) without any fixes etc. For Sprint users it is a good solid 6.5 Rom that you can add to as you want.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jimmy2442 is a n00b

im actually running energy rom phoenix 2, the 6.5.3 version and everything is working fine, the data, SMS/MMS, all programs and texts, haven't locked up so far....
Old 12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I've had a few issues on Energy ROM (28004 Leo) but no way I'm going back to stock.

Even though it adds a few issues it also fixes a few issues. Like Voice Command works without lag.

I did have my first lock up this morning though. I had browsed the internet with opera 10. Put it down. Went back 1/2 hour later and it would not come out of standby. Very strange because it's been solid for almost a week.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
Try CFay's 1.2 rom. This rom is the closest thing you will find to a stock rom for 6.5. I have not had 1 lock up or freeze up since I installed it. MMS works fine out of the box. If it a shot before you return to mediocre-rom-ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
It you stick with wm6.5 + Manila 2.1 roms you shouldn't have any issues with stability or MMS. It's wm6.5.x and/or Manila 2.5 that cause all the buggyness.
Yes, this is very true. I have been running C_Fay v1.1 with WM6.5 and manilla 2.1 and couldn't be happier. Everything works like stock. I have been running this rom since the day FedEx delivered it and I have had no issues whatsoever.
I first tried Juicy R2 and couldn't get thing to function right. BUT... I HAD to have the weather animations and manilla messaging. so when I found C_Fay's roms (which have them on the home screen), I flashed and never looked back. It works so well I don't even update to the newer roms. No need to.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
custom roms are fun, but too many fixes and problems from the fix.......

Ive been running stock roms since I got the tp2, I tried 2 customs and both had issues, so I found a Stock Official 6.5 that works great and Ive ran it for 2 months now.......

CUSTOMS are fun, but lets face it, Its a rom made in a few day, then a fix, and a update, then another hot fix, now wierd things start happening, now ya gotta reflash, hard reset, reflash, ask why your mms isnt working, wondering why youtube fails, gps wont lock and now the task manager dissapeared........

that being said every now and then I may get bored, flash for fun, then quickly relize it was a bad idea....... just IMO
Agreed. Weatherclock was my most liked item, but I now run stock with Mobile Shell 3.5.1 as a UI. Even now, I am trying to get my replacement TP2 hspl unlocked (son spilled coke on old one), and it's taking days with no answer or support so far.. So maybe staying stock is best, at least it works and is stable. I bought my phone to use it, not fix it every five minutes... So many bugs, so little time... lol
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I used to go back to stock after trying different roms but now I'm sticking with customs. The only thing I wanted was Sprint TV to work on custom roms. Now that's been fixed and also I use quickmenu and it works great on wm6.5. Not so on the stock Sprint rom. It launches everytime I select a program in the TF3d program list.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Mr>Panda is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mr>Panda

i have mighty rom and i am having some sms issues as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2