PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Again, is anybody successfully using this with an online XM account? The integration of Sirius and XM is still marginal at best.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Sirius WM6 is available and working!

Well, I installed the CAB (on the device), and it runs fine.

I signed up for a free trial of XM Internet Radio, and it runs fine on my PC.

When trying to login with the SiriusWM6 Cab file, I get username/password error, and can't log in. I made sure I logged out on my PC, in case it can't handle more than one, but that didn't help.

I am primarily interested in the Talk Radio channels (130-137) and see that only a few of these are listed in the App, while they're all present on my PC.

So once again - is anybody successfully using this with an XM Radio subscription? Maybe there's something different about the trial vs paid subscription.

The interface is kind of poor - kind of hard to find stations, given the ordering present in the App.

Any other Windows Mobile Apps to tap into XM Radio? I don't mind paying for one if it will deliver better performance, interface, etc.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I think you're trying to use XM on a Sirius cab. Although the companies have "merged" I don't believe those app's are working for each other. There's a thread in the software forum for C-Apisro and towards the end of it, you'll find some links for XM app's for listening in your ppc.

Here's the link to XDA for the app, Rawintellect found it and posted it... hit 'em up for a thanks, they're much appreciated by us all!!http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450259

Last edited by fishingmedic; 12-12-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This app works Super, but only for Sirius not XM.

I have SelectRadio also which receives Sirius, but I use WM6 most of the time just because it is simple *& gets the job done.

~John
Old 12-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I just installed the trial version of Select Radio, and I'm pretty impressed. It worked fine with the trial version of XM Online, and the selection of other channels, as well as user interface, is pretty impressive as well. The quality of the audio seemed to be consistently excellent, at least for the little time I've used it so far.

I would use this for listening in my car primarily, and the main problem is changing channels with my TP2, rather than with a dedicated satellite radio device. I can get a secondary account to my wife's (she has one built-in with her Camry), which would be less than a full account, but still more than $2.99/month.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scalves is a n00b

works perfectly!!!!! just have to have a username/password to log into sirius
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

corwinmortac is a n00b

Wow I have tried every cab under the sun for sirius or xm on a PPC and they never worked....this one works !!!!!! I am so happy to have this , now I can listen to Sirius on my Motorcycle
Old 12-30-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

Question? I had a Sirius cabfile WM5 worked great but had the old channel listings. I had to hard reset my phone and I searched for the cab file and this one also says WM5 and even has the new channel line up but it fails to connect everytime. So now I found the WM6 one do I need to uninstall the 5 1st or will 6 install over the top.. Cause I went to remove programs and didn't see Sirius listed.. Thanks, Rose

Edit: Nevermind I found the cabfile under another name at the beginning and am removing it just to be safe. I installed 6 and it connects no problems yeah! I am glad so now I have the updated channel listing and it works.. I did remove 5 under removed programs it was named geektoolboxsirius something like that but now I still see the icon under programs.. But oh well it works that is all I care about. Had to do a hard reset on my phone and now all is back to normal.. Does the showing of song and artist work? It's not for me but it's playing so that's good. Mine keeps going back and forth and saying fetching artist then fetching title.

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 12-30-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pappy42 is a n00b

Do you folks that have this working, pay the extra fee each month for the internet radio?

I have a regular subscription, but do not subscribe to the internet service.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy42 View Post
Do you folks that have this working, pay the extra fee each month for the internet radio?

I have a regular subscription, but do not subscribe to the internet service.
Yes I added internet radio for $2.99 a month. I listen 8 or more hours a day so for me it was worth it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2