PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

twitchness is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Noob screw up? PLEEASE help

alright so everything seems to be working aside from the keypad and the "open browser" function. i called *228 and reprogrammed it but the rom stayed the same. ill give the keyboard fix a try first and then if it doesnt help ill start searching the forums again to find how to put the original ROM on there. thanks yall i really appreciate it. sorry i didnt search the forums b4 i posted i was just freakin out. so if anybody can still help me figure out the browser that would be grand. Oh and one more noobish question, how do i install those fixes onto my phone?

Last edited by twitchness; 11-22-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Just copy the .cab file to your phone and run it from the phone by tapping the .cab file.

Here is a Verizon Provisioning Carrier .cab, which should get your Data working. Verizon

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twitchness is a n00b

yeahh soo i copied the file u linked to my phone but nothing runs. i found the files and everything in my phone but the only thing that does anything is the "_setup" file and it just opens an internet page with alot of code on it. sorry im such a nooblet man i hate to keep asking so many questions
Old 11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Do not unzip the files first. They are in .cab format, they are not .rar or .zip files. Just copy it to the phone and tap the .cab file provided.

Don't worry about asking too many questions. Okay? I don't mind. How else will you learn? Searching helps, but sometimes is easier to be guided a little until you get the hang of how things work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twitchness is a n00b

alright! beautiful! the link u sent me didnt really fix the keyboard issue but i used ur knowledge and assistance combined with that earlier link of the vzw keyboard fix and now its all functioning correctly. i also finally figured out wut u meant with ur first post about the browser and it works but for sum reason, everytime on startup the same error message pops up and says it cant connect but i can just go to the url bar and type in any website and it works. my homepage is set to google but that didnt fix the problem. it still goes to that about.blank page with the connection error message. btw thanks bro ur help has been very beneficial
Old 11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
"MODS"

Yeah, the link I sent was to get your data settings for internet set up correctly. The keyboard fix was posted already, so I didn't include it.

Have you soft reset your phone since installing the file I gave you?

Also, have you set the settings as I mentioned for your connection, like in my first or second post in this thread?

If you need help with putting those settings in, let me know. Also know, once you put them in, it will still show up as blank entries each time you go into those settings. As long as you put them in once, you are good to go.

Glad you are getting it all worked out. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twitchness is a n00b

yeah i put em in and soft reset is just choosing to reset from the phone correct? if so then i did that at least a couple times already. oh and i just came across another problem regarding apps in the start menu. i installed an app via .cab file and i wanted to remove it but after i deleted it, the file icon stays there and when i click on it a message pops up saying, "The file '(filename)' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." the question is, how do i remove that file fully?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twitchness is a n00b

nevermind i figured out how to completely remove the file correctly
Old 11-22-2009, 05:29 PM
"MODS"

Glad you got that one on your own. Always use Remove programs, from settings for proper uninstall.

Is your internet working now, or no?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twitchness is a n00b

well it works, it just starts off with a new blank screen saying "Cannot find 'http:///home'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
browser, cannot connect, noob, rom