PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: uscellular

swampthing is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems unlocking a tp2

Been trying to flash this TP 2, it's a relatively recent one from US cellular. I've flashed like 4-5 of these before and never had a problem, but this one just sits at 0% during the unlock process using the hardspl utility. The phone is on, it's set up with activesync.

Any reason i can't get this phone to unlock?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems unlocking a tp2

As always, the first thing to do is the usual uninstall/install of Activesync, change USB port, reboot, etc...
Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

swampthing is a n00b

I've tried it on two different computers and both do the same thing. The unlocker first says i've unlocked a phone before. This phone has never been unlocked and i've tried it from two different IP addresses that i've never unlocked a phone before.

I then tried the manual mode and that locks at 0%
Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well there's your problem.. the unlocked doesn't rely solely on IP address to identify unique users. From what I recall, it was tied to the PC, possibly with a hardware ID hash of some sort.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

swampthing is a n00b

it's a replacement phone from warranty. I tried it on my PC at home which i've never unlocked any phone from.

Ah well guess i won't unlock this one.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
it's a replacement phone from warranty. I tried it on my PC at home which i've never unlocked any phone from.

Ah well guess i won't unlock this one.
What I'm trying to say is that your PC/laptop is identified by the unlocker, not its IP address or the phone. Try it on somebody else's computer.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cktech71 is a n00b

You need to do an app unlock first the you can flash your phone. Just look up appunlock in google tp2 I had the same problem
Old 09-12-2010, 05:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktech71 View Post
You need to do an app unlock first the you can flash your phone. Just look up appunlock in google tp2 I had the same problem
how is the appunlock cab going to hack into the hardspl unlocker server and remove the OP's imei number from the block list?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2