PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BacardiGuy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!

I also got a replacement phone and the problem was actually worse. I sent it back and went back to original. Resetting usually gets me back into 3G but boy, that is a bug
Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I had one replaced due to dead pixels on the first one. The second one I got had a one month newer build date. Same hardware revision, but a flawless screen.

So, it's possible to have newer batches of builds, that were, say for example, soldered better then the last batch. Without being actual newer or different hardware.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

update:

Dennis called me this morning to get things worked out. My supposed TP2 order from yesterday had been refused...
Dennis told me that there is still not a fix for this issue, and it is happening to both the 2 new HTC phones. He was told that something had been fixed, but then got reports of the same problem. He ordered me a new TP2 and said the problem might not go away. I could then get a different device if I want. I dont really want a diff device except maybe the HD2 if that even gets to VZW. My current TP2(also new repl) has build date of 10/2009 where as the original was 9/2009. This newer one seems to drop to 1x less often. I should get the replacement Monday and I will report back. Dennis aslo mentioned that since he has worked with me since my original TP2, he can help me with another TP2. I told him that my Father got the TP2 and has the same probs. he said that he can only deal with this on a case per case basis and not help my Father as he did with me.
I approached this via e-mail from my VZW acct. and eventually was helped. It seems much more efficient than waiting on hold to get some idiot that tells you 100% opposite what the llast person says. Make sure that they notate your account!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
update:

Dennis called me this morning to get things worked out. My supposed TP2 order from yesterday had been refused...
Dennis told me that there is still not a fix for this issue, and it is happening to both the 2 new HTC phones. He was told that something had been fixed, but then got reports of the same problem. He ordered me a new TP2 and said the problem might not go away. I could then get a different device if I want. I dont really want a diff device except maybe the HD2 if that even gets to VZW. My current TP2(also new repl) has build date of 10/2009 where as the original was 9/2009. This newer one seems to drop to 1x less often. I should get the replacement Monday and I will report back. Dennis aslo mentioned that since he has worked with me since my original TP2, he can help me with another TP2. I told him that my Father got the TP2 and has the same probs. he said that he can only deal with this on a case per case basis and not help my Father as he did with me.
I approached this via e-mail from my VZW acct. and eventually was helped. It seems much more efficient than waiting on hold to get some idiot that tells you 100% opposite what the llast person says. Make sure that they notate your account!

Damn. I was just gonna say please ask Dennis if we can contact him.

I'm having massive problems with my phone now and I believe it's all related to the cellular radio. I have to be honest at this point, I'm pretty sure it's faulty hardware. I was going to call to get a refurb sent out but now he's saying no fixes have been made.

Everytime I soft reset my phone now, I lose everything. All my contacts, programs, settings, etc. So once I get stuck in 1X, I'm pretty much there permanently now as I can't soft reset. Windows mobile thinks it's loading for the first time, everytime.

Another issue is that pressing the hardware phone button or on screen will sometimes not load the phone, even though the radio is on. It's like it thinks it's just a PDA without a cell radio. This is on Mighty's rom and I do not have any custom taskbars, dialers, or anything loaded.

I'm at the end here.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Lurker

l.hc is a n00b

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-...on/td-p/116770

Seems like even the droid has a similar problem? Maybe it is a software issue or a tower issue?

I sometimes get stuck in 1X but very rarely, and when it does it usually comes back in less than a minute. It also seems to go into 1X when im using alot of date like on youtube or google maps?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.hc View Post
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-...on/td-p/116770

Seems like even the droid has a similar problem? Maybe it is a software issue or a tower issue?

I sometimes get stuck in 1X but very rarely, and when it does it usually comes back in less than a minute. It also seems to go into 1X when im using alot of date like on youtube or google maps?

You know what's interesting about that, someone posted a reply from a tech saying they think the Droids 1X issue is related to Exchange. I asked in the other thread if anyone else was using Exchange with their TP2 (as I am) and only one or two other people replied.

Maybe that's a common issue? Are the rest of you syncing with Exchange?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
You know what's interesting about that, someone posted a reply from a tech saying they think the Droids 1X issue is related to Exchange. I asked in the other thread if anyone else was using Exchange with their TP2 (as I am) and only one or two other people replied.

Maybe that's a common issue? Are the rest of you syncing with Exchange?
I am pretty sure it is a common issue to point blame anywhere rather that accept responsibility!
Its a bunch of BS.
Only Verizon phones are having this problem. Either its their network somewhere or in the phones.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Off topic, but VZW better watch their backs, lol AT&T may go after them with a commerical
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Damn. I was just gonna say please ask Dennis if we can contact him.

I'm having massive problems with my phone now and I believe it's all related to the cellular radio. I have to be honest at this point, I'm pretty sure it's faulty hardware. I was going to call to get a refurb sent out but now he's saying no fixes have been made.

Everytime I soft reset my phone now, I lose everything. All my contacts, programs, settings, etc. So once I get stuck in 1X, I'm pretty much there permanently now as I can't soft reset. Windows mobile thinks it's loading for the first time, everytime.

Another issue is that pressing the hardware phone button or on screen will sometimes not load the phone, even though the radio is on. It's like it thinks it's just a PDA without a cell radio. This is on Mighty's rom and I do not have any custom taskbars, dialers, or anything loaded.

I'm at the end here.
You are going to need to flash back to your stock ROM and see if the problem persists.
If its good then do a hard reset, Install MightyRom, hard reset, and you should be good.
This corruption tends to happen if you don't flash back to stock prior to flashing a custom ROM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

I just emailed Dennis myself. Guess I'll get the same run-around that everyone else is getting...

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2