PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

techtech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Chinese Input

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2004 View Post
if you are on Sprint, uheim00m cab works the best. No conflicts on texting to other providers. I had tried CE-Star and Sunglobe, I couldnt text to Verizon and T-mobile users.
I installed uheim00m cab on my touch pro. as far as reading and typing in chinese are fine..but it will not let me send chinese sms. it gives me ——— instand of chinese words.
any idea? I am on sprint.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

huangfch is a n00b

so you guys can text with Chinese on sprint network? I installed the famous yahei 12m fonts so I can view chinese characters fine. and I am using the PlumSIP Pro VGA V6.1.0008 for input. But sprint network just could not recognize what I send by text message.I just installed the uhei00m-gray font posted here, didn't help.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangfch View Post
I tried that before, but the problem is that you would not be able to use hard keyboard to input Chinese after you delete the startup file.
How did you get the hard keyboard to input Chinese? Even with that startup file intact, when I type on the hard keyboard it just writes English.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:29 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangfch View Post
so you guys can text with Chinese on sprint network? I installed the famous yahei 12m fonts so I can view chinese characters fine. and I am using the PlumSIP Pro VGA V6.1.0008 for input. But sprint network just could not recognize what I send by text message.I just installed the uhei00m-gray font posted here, didn't help.
I was able to send and receive emails in Chinese. SMS doesn't seem to work for me either, must be a carrier thing, I also have Sprint.

Also, the HTC music player (the one on the touchflo3d slide bar) now recognizes Chinese characters!

(I installed the 3 posted files)
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

quietguy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
I was able to send and receive emails in Chinese. SMS doesn't seem to work for me either, must be a carrier thing, I also have Sprint.

(I installed the 3 posted files)

I am on VZW. I know intercarrier will not work wahtsoever. But it suppose to work within carrier. I think chinese sms works on ATT, but I can not get it work in VZW
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lou2004 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtech View Post
I installed uheim00m cab on my touch pro. as far as reading and typing in chinese are fine..but it will not let me send chinese sms. it gives me ——— instand of chinese words.
any idea? I am on sprint.
sorry I meant you can text in English with the uheim00m cab. you cant even text in English to a different carrier if you installed other chinese font .
Old 11-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

huangfch is a n00b

just choose menu, overall setting, then you get the screen where you can choose skins etc, check the box" use hard keyboard" and then soft reset. but you have to have the startup file in windows/startup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
How did you get the hard keyboard to input Chinese? Even with that startup file intact, when I type on the hard keyboard it just writes English.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

If anyone is interested, I found a program that gives you simultaneous Chinese/Japanese/Korean font and input support. It's not cheap, but there is a free trial:
Effy-CJK 4.0 (Chinese/Japanese/Korean/English) Fonts included 4.0
(link has some info about the program and a download link)
I'm trying it right now, now all my Chinese/Japanese/Korean mp3s titles etc. are displaying correctly in the HTC music player (touchflo3d interface) and in windows media player and the file explorer.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 from Sprint
Threadstarter

JWA2 is a n00b

Interesting thing going on.....I can email myself here in the states from my phone and when i check my hotmail (from laptop) the chinese characters are displayed....when i email my wife using the phone it only shows ??...but when i use MSN on my phone she can read the characters...weird....and just so you know, it is not my wifes computer not being able to display...she lives in beijing and is Chinese, so her computer OBVIOUSLY displays chinese correctly...thinking it might have something to do with going thru so many places, but why would MSN work and not the hotmail????
Old 11-14-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA2 View Post
Interesting thing going on.....I can email myself here in the states from my phone and when i check my hotmail (from laptop) the chinese characters are displayed....when i email my wife using the phone it only shows ??...but when i use MSN on my phone she can read the characters...weird....and just so you know, it is not my wifes computer not being able to display...she lives in beijing and is Chinese, so her computer OBVIOUSLY displays chinese correctly...thinking it might have something to do with going thru so many places, but why would MSN work and not the hotmail????
did she try changing character encoding on her hotmail page?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2