PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
New Message Indicator; showing new messages even after viewing them

What's with the new text message indicator on the TP?! This issue only seems to happen when I have long conversations via text. Once the convo is over, I'll close the messaging screen, and when i get back to the home screen, it says I have a bunch of new messages, but it's the exact same number of messages that I received from the other person during the text convo. I dunno why it's saying they're new messages, because I obviously saw them during the course of the convo. The kicker is that I have to keep loading that particular convo multiple times and look at each "new" message on multiple pages. The number of times I have to load and close the convo is directly proportional to how long the convo was. I NEVER had this issue with my original TP. If the text message was already open while having the convo, it would automatically designate previous receive messages as "read" as soon as I responded to them. I never had to close the message and open it again to change that, or do it on multiple pages of the convo. The issue is taken care of if I simply delete the text convo, but I don't want to have to do that, just to make my phone show that I don't have any new messages.

This is quite annoying, and I can't figure out how to resolve this.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: New Message Indicator; showing new messages even after viewing them

This is how it's been working on my Apache since I flashed it to WM6.1 and used the threaded messaging option. Did you have threaded text messaging on your TP1 as I haven't had it mark the previous message I was responding to as read unless I closed out of the sms/mms app and reopened it when a new message came in.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

"The kicker is that I have to keep loading that particular convo multiple times and look at each "new" message on multiple pages."

same issue here even with short conv. in my opinion, this is a poorly designed feature of the phone. the only way i have found to get around the notification window is to open each text individually. for some reason, the TF3D messages interface does not always mark a text as 'read' when you see it on the screen.

the same goofy thing happens with email. you have to click on every message. the tf3d viewer does not mark a message a read.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

emmanuel.a.asselin is just getting started

hey if you open the conversation (not from manila)and then view it go up your conversation by pressing the up button...you'll see the indicator go away...
Old 09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
This is how it's been working on my Apache since I flashed it to WM6.1 and used the threaded messaging option. Did you have threaded text messaging on your TP1 as I haven't had it mark the previous message I was responding to as read unless I closed out of the sms/mms app and reopened it when a new message came in.
This is never how it worked with my original TP, or any of my previous WM devices. I always used to have long text convos with my original TP, and then when I was done, I could simply close the threaded convo and there wouldn't be any new message indicator. Why? Because I'd obviously seen all of the "new" messages during the course of the convo while the threaded convo was already open. This isn't so with the TP2. I can sit here and have a lengthy convo via threaded text, but when I'm done I'll close the threaded text convo, and it'll show a bunch of new messages, even thought I've obviously already seen them during the course of the convo while the threaded text was open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel.a.asselin View Post
hey if you open the conversation (not from manila)and then view it go up your conversation by pressing the up button...you'll see the indicator go away...
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

yeah noticing this to I have to go back to the message and it finally goes away come on HTC fix this!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
yeah noticing this to I have to go back to the message and it finally goes away come on HTC fix this!
i have mentioned this a couple times. i dont think htc will consider this a 'fix'. the app is running lousy but 'as designed'. this would be considered an enhancement request.

my *guess* is the HTC Messaging programs are not directly linked to WM 6.1. The viewing windows are eye candy and the developers never intended for a user to do real activities in the htc apps.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

This was a problem with my tp1 original mms but then I updated to a newer version and it went away. I'm currently trying to install a newer version now I just want to ensure I keep all the right sprint settings.

Did you happen to also notice when you open a message most the time you have to click into the box to start typing?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Lee K is a n00b

Happens to me as well, very annoying and one of like.... maybe three flaws about this phone. It's an actual problem though and HTC needs to fix it. Also the clicking in the box to type is annoying.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Is this happening on all versions of the TP2 or just on one carrier's model?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2