PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jesster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 keeps waking up on its own.

My TP2 keeps waking up out of sleep mode for no apparent reason. At first I thought the power button must be getting bumped as it jostled around in my pocket, but multiple times now, I've seen it wake up out of sleep mode and the screen turn on while its just sitting untouched on my desk, charging. Any idea what's causing this or how to stop it?

-=The Jesster: Gatchaba Goose=-
Old 09-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Re: TP2 keeps waking up on its own.

might be a dumb question but i thought id ask.. r u receiving emails when your phone wakes up? also some programs installed will wake the device up... g-alarm for example does this at midnight every night.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Jesster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
might be a dumb question but i thought id ask.. r u receiving emails when your phone wakes up? also some programs installed will wake the device up... g-alarm for example does this at midnight every night.
I don't have any apps running when I put it to sleep, and I don't have push email set up.

-=The Jesster: Gatchaba Goose=-
Old 09-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

every single windows mobile phone i have ever had other than the motorola q and treo did this. ppc 6700 did it mogul did it vogue/touch did it diamond did it, touch pro did it, and my touch pro 2 does it. I also have no clue why... I thought it may be because of push e-mail too but once i cleared all so that it was like brand new.. no apps installed no e-mail at all and my mogul still did it! I never tested the others but yup i cant think of one single wm phone i ever had (other than the smart phone editions and treo) that didnt just wake up on its on for no reason!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Hahaha..I think it has to do with the area you're in. Its funny..everytime I go to a friend's house I would leave it down on the table and it'd wake up by itself.

It happened with my Mogul, my TP1 and now my TP2. He had the same phones I had and it does the same exact thing. This never happens at home or anywhere else except my friend's home.

On the other hand..it may be power surges that our phones pick up? Just like putting a cellphone next to speakers..you'll hear the buzzing sound
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

if your signal switches from ev to x1 or vice versa the phone will wake up
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Almost a VIP

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Hahaha..I think it has to do with the area you're in. Its funny..everytime I go to a friend's house I would leave it down on the table and it'd wake up by itself.

It happened with my Mogul, my TP1 and now my TP2. He had the same phones I had and it does the same exact thing. This never happens at home or anywhere else except my friend's home.

On the other hand..it may be power surges that our phones pick up? Just like putting a cellphone next to speakers..you'll hear the buzzing sound
hahah u know whats crazy??? sometimes i have my phone on my computer desk at home and i will hear my speakers buzz for like 2 seconds then my phone rings... its almost like a pre ring whenever i hear that buzz i know someone is calling me and its gonna ring in a second or two... but my wm phones do it everywhere! at work, home, the mall, my cousins house! everywhere! and i work about 25 miles away from my house
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe its an app or tweak youve installed. If youre serious about finding the culprit, hard reset, and use the phone as is for a few days WITHOUT installing any .cabs files.

If it continues to behave like this, the reason might be what another member has already mentioned: your device hopping back forth between 1x and EvDO...especially considering the fact that you are consistently experiencing this with multiple devices.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Maybe its an app or tweak youve installed. If youre serious about finding the culprit, hard reset, and use the phone as is for a few days WITHOUT installing any .cabs files.

If it continues to behave like this, the reason might be what another member has already mentioned: your device hopping back forth between 1x and EvDO...especially considering the fact that you are consistently experiencing this with multiple devices.
post 4...

I did exactly that! It was like brand new for 2 days and it did the same thing. I guess ur right though its gotta be because of the switch from 1x to evdo.... it also happens in vegas and on the way to vegas and in atlanta ga
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
if your signal switches from ev to x1 or vice versa the phone will wake up
correct this hapens to me once in awhile. also with a txt message it will wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
hahah u know whats crazy??? sometimes i have my phone on my computer desk at home and i will hear my speakers buzz for like 2 seconds then my phone rings... its almost like a pre ring whenever i hear that buzz i know someone is calling me and its gonna ring in a second or two...
yeah my phone does this too. also when i get a txt or send a txt. the other day i was at a wedding right next to the speakers and it made that buzz noise when i sent a txt. it was funny cuz everybody was looking to find out what it was.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2