PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Exclamation In a bit of a dilema

I factory reset my phone because the touch screen stopped working. This deactivated it as to where I cannot make a call. I tried activated but the call would not go through. I will be getting a new replacement, but I was unable to get MightyROM off of it. It simply will not come off, tried everything. Hard reset, bootloader screen, battery out then back in, i tried running the relocker and it wouldn't work because there's no data connection on the phone since its deactivated. Anything I can do? or am I just out of luck and will have to suffer the penalty of returning an unlocked phone?

Don't click me
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

03LXV6 is a n00b
Re: In a bit of a dilema

You have to reflash the stock ROM and then relock.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

That's the problem. It won't flash any ROM. It just hangs at 0%. Tried it 6 times. 3 on the relocker, 2 on the ROM I was running before all the problems, and the last time I tried to flash a completely different ROM. None worked
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First off your phone does not need internet connection to unlock or relock your phone, your PC needs internet connection. Second, I believe if you flash the SHIPPED STOCK ROM from sprint you will NOT need to unlock your phone since its a signed rom. Deactivated??? Sprint.....a rom did this? Ummm never seen this happen and I flash MM rom quite often. If you have MM rom on your phone now you will have to run the provisioning app to get data to work. And if your touch screen isn't working can't you use the the Windows button to get to the start menu, then use the arrows on the slide out KB to navigate to the System folder?
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
First off your phone does not need internet connection to unlock or relock your phone, your PC needs internet connection. Second, I believe if you flash the SHIPPED STOCK ROM from sprint you will NOT need to unlock your phone since its a signed rom. Deactivated??? Sprint.....a rom did this? Ummm never seen this happen and I flash MM rom quite often. If you have MM rom on your phone now you will have to run the provisioning app to get data to work. And if your touch screen isn't working can't you use the the Windows button to get to the start menu, then use the arrows on the slide out KB to navigate to the System folder?
When I tried to make a call it said I needed to activate the phone. Tried *228 and it wouldn't go through. I'm on Verizon. I can use hardware buttons to get to provisioning but I cannot slide the tab for Verizon over and hit "Yes" as the screen does not work.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this trick worked for me when i had a tp with a shot screen... flash from your sd card.. just follow cornelius2s instructions i think its a sticky in the CDMA Upgrades section
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

flash via sd card....
seriously...
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ahhh your right my bad didn't even look at your carrier. I seen several times where VZW phones got deactivated after a rom flash. So ya my bad for saying sprint, but with the VZW Shipped rom it should be the same. You should be able flash the shipped rom. And your right I tried it you can navigate to the folder and app, but can't select anything with just the arrows or any combo on the KB. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
flash via sd card....
seriously...
...+12

Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
...+12

HEY wheres my +12.. i said it first.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2