PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: ROM Review......

I flashed all the ROMs in the Upgrades section and I have to agree that even though the others had features and eye candy that I really really liked, MightyROM is by far the most stable, suitable for everyday use.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I vote Mighty best all around ROM. The All programs on the main screen is the best part to me.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

gharris040604 is just getting started

Been running Energy rom wm 6.5 manila 2.5 since the unlocker came out, no soft resets very responsive and easy on the eyes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is there a ROM for the TP2 that has an All Programs tab in Manila 2.5?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 whoo-hoo
Carrier: Sprint

B-Real206 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
you forgot Energy Leo ROM with manila 2.5 and wm6.5 (not 6.5.1)
This is the only rom I have used since I unlocked my phone. It is gorgeous and runs pretty stable. No mms no problem for me.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

when io read the thread name i thought this would be another 1 of the million wich rom? noob things but this is actually really nice good work
Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Deuce08, thanks for taking the time to write this up! My stand on this subject is that there is no ROM that would satisfy everyone. My personal favorite that provides a nice balance between the features and stability is Juicy's R2 ROM. I got everything working in this ROM and it is definitely a keeper for me at the moment. However, other people may like other ROMs better for their needs. I think your ratings are pretty much head on from my perspective.

Thanks to ALL the cooks for all of their hard work!! The best point here is that there is such a variety of awesome ROMs that anyone can find one to suit their needs.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: verizon

emaN resU is becoming a great contributor

(click) "Thanks" Deuce08, this is the exact type of post I was hoping to see when I logged onto PPCGeeks today. I hope this thread stays positive and gets the attention it deserves as far as listing the Pro's and not so Pro's (I won't say Con's because of the nature of "creating" always deserves positive encouragement) of each specific ROM. All the people involved in creating/testing in this environment are in a word "awesome"! I will most likely be flashing my TP2 this weekend, and since you are on Verizon too, I can use this as a starting point to make my decision on which ROM to flash first. Anyway, sorry for the long winded post. One thing I would like to see on the grade scale is how each ROM performs "out of the box", meaning how much cleanup/patching/fixes are needed as these ROM's mature.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

Deuce08 is keeping up the good workDeuce08 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaN resU View Post
(click) "Thanks" Deuce08, this is the exact type of post I was hoping to see when I logged onto PPCGeeks today. I hope this thread stays positive and gets the attention it deserves as far as listing the Pro's and not so Pro's (I won't say Con's because of the nature of "creating" always deserves positive encouragement) of each specific ROM. All the people involved in creating/testing in this environment are in a word "awesome"! I will most likely be flashing my TP2 this weekend, and since you are on Verizon too, I can use this as a starting point to make my decision on which ROM to flash first. Anyway, sorry for the long winded post. One thing I would like to see on the grade scale is how each ROM performs "out of the box", meaning how much cleanup/patching/fixes are needed as these ROM's mature.
Yes, I do plan on expanding my ROM review as I rather enjoy the flashing/tweaking process. I think I may move to a more systematic process of reviewing them based on the criteria I used previously. I also like the idea of the "out of the box" and "under load" comparison as well as a rating on post-flash configuration. I am a heavy user, so the load would be heavy!

Plan on flashing JuicyROM R2 tonight and giving that a whirl as well as possibly going through the list again taking more specific notes as suggested.

Glad to see my review got a warm welcome, it's encouraging. Be back soon!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreBA View Post
I flashed all the ROMs in the Upgrades section and I have to agree that even though the others had features and eye candy that I really really liked, MightyROM is by far the most stable, suitable for everyday use.

I agree 100% & I've tried them all too.

As far as eye candy, it is easy enough to add that yourself -you don't need it built into a ROM IMHO.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2