PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Stolen Touch Pro 2

Wow, but still, all caps posting with broken english? Doesn't take much common sense to avoid buying something from someone like that...

That poster is pretty ballsy to put up a phone number in those ads, I'm surprised the Sprint fraud department isn't all over that. Although I guess they could be prepaid numbers.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I will still buy from ebay seller though.

Just pay with your credit card on paypal.

If you see a seller on ebay that have most feedback from selling phones, then you are likely to get a good phone.

If you see a seller that never or seldom sell phone on his feedback, then be careful. That and 1 or 2 feedback seller need to be watched too.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hello well i bought mine off craigslist new for 350 ive bought from same guy so hopefully im safe also called to comfirm esn is clean..are you guys doing this?if not you should start only takes a few extra minutes.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
hello well i bought mine off craigslist new for 350 ive bought from same guy so hopefully im safe also called to comfirm esn is clean..are you guys doing this?if not you should start only takes a few extra minutes.
I always check the ESN first but in these recent situatiowhere the device is activated without problem and then blacklisted must be that the seller sells the device with a clean ESN and then after the buyer activates it the seller reports it lost or stolen most likely to recieve a replacement from the insurance. Makes it hard to trust anybody anymore.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

vincebb72 is just getting started

I paid $510...man I'm so pissed going from a tp2 to a samsung blade ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Yeah thats a shame. I have sold several phones on Ebay and purchased a few too but never had issue, but everytime I hear a story like this it just churns my stomache.

Good luck.

Also do you mind me asking what did you pay for it online? I see people bidding on Verizon TP2 easily $500-$600 on EbAY but if they are just PATIENT Verizons full retail price for that phone is only $489 and then you dont have to worry about it coming up stolen 2 months later... not sure what the full retail price is for Sprint. I saw the same thing with the Rogue , people bidding upwards of $500 when it first came out and retail is only $419.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

$510 for a TP?
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
I always check the ESN first but in these recent situatiowhere the device is activated without problem and then blacklisted must be that the seller sells the device with a clean ESN and then after the buyer activates it the seller reports it lost or stolen most likely to recieve a replacement from the insurance. Makes it hard to trust anybody anymore.
I'm sure many does check the ESN. The problem is the OP is having problem AFTER 2 month the phone has been activated.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Verify good ESN with Sprint, have them notate your account, then buy the phone. If they come back to bite you have them look at the note on the account.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I'm sure many does check the ESN. The problem is the OP is having problem AFTER 2 month the phone has been activated.
Yep , that was my whole point. See the whole check the ESN was in reply to another post
Old 10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

cwest06 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cwest06 Send a message via MSN to cwest06 Send a message via Yahoo to cwest06

I bought mine on Craigslist also about 1 month ago. I'm not sure how they would lock a phone after its been activated. The only thing i can say about that is they may buy the phone have it billed onto the account then cxl the account. If it come up that the person did something fraud then will lock all esn's that was on the account. That's what we did when I worked for sprint back in the day.
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Touch (Thanks Channy)
Mogul 6800
PPC 6700
Treo 650
PPC 6600
Treo 600
MM 5600
Sanyo 8200
MM 5500
MM 4500
Sprint Employee 2000-2005