PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown
Re: Is there a free backup utility that works?

An exchange account would do what you want. And there are some free ones available.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

+1 for myphone. It is awesome now that they came out with the new version.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
I know about SPB and SPRITE and I have heard of a couple of others. However, those cost money. I am looking for FREE
PM me.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongus View Post
Can you provide a link that confirms your statement? Also, Dashwire does contacts, photos...it does not restore programs.

Here's the story from WMExperts ... http://www.wmexperts.com/dashwire-sh...109-re-branded

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'
Threadstarter

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thank you all for your replies... I hit all your buttons so none of you would feel left out. I just reset my phone and loaded all my cabs in date sequence. It only took my lunch hour. And I will be using Microsoft myphone to restore my contacts. My pictures are in my memory card anyway. And best of all... No more bugginess.
Now it looks just like I wanted it to.
p.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (14.0 KB, 483 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

I just downloaded Sashimi to automagically install everything after I reflash.

Makisu is an app that comes with it that will generate an XML file for all your email configuration data.

Here's a description of the functionality of this FREE app!!

I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks pretty sweet so far!

Last edited by Recursion; 10-23-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

+1 for MyPhone. The new version is solid.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

PIM backup can do contacts, pix, texts, emails, cab files, ringtones, you name it, hope that helps. and its free

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

I remember a year or so ago there was a program called HTCBackup that was free and I also catch myself using flexilis, PIMbackup, and Microsoft myphone.

It NEVER hurts having a couple backup solutions especially when you have a LOT of contacts.

HOWEVER....

I would suggest going with a commercial software like SPB Backup....I know it isn't free however its probably one of the best if NOT THE BEST backup software for your device.

Last edited by ducylowycz; 10-23-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone actually try restoring from PIMBackup to a Touch Pro 2? I tried to restore info from my old Touch Pro and it refused to back up the Calendar info.

I ended up figuring out I had to goto the "Today" settings and disable TouchFlo 3D in order to have PIMBackup do a complete restore.

Anywho, it kind of scared me, so I use Microsoft MyPhone as well, a back up for my back up.

-Ed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2