PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92092)

Richcop 10-23-2009 08:10 AM

While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

This has been driving me crazy, so here is my question, while using the TP2 hardware keyboard for texting how do you change it so that it does not insert a period every time I make an extra space? I tend to double space and it keeps adding a period in every two or three words. I have checked under settings/ input and anywhere else I could find. Thank you for any help on this :)

chronster 10-23-2009 09:41 AM

Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

well, when do you use a double space? after the end of a sentence. htc is just saving you some time lol. im sure theres a way to turn it off, but yeah, thats the logic behind it.

isdnmatt 10-23-2009 10:46 AM

Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

You know, I hadn't double spaced until I read this thread. Interesting feature, sorry I don't know how to turn it off. It only seems to do it at the end of sentence though.

kern417 10-23-2009 11:15 AM

this annoys me too

AZTECHKA 10-23-2009 11:57 AM

hahaha... This was really setting me off too. You know... Sorry I don't have an actual solution for you. But my experience is that I had to slow down a bit and relearn this keyboard. I come from a TP and I also had a hardware keyboard on my text pager my old company gave me. They were both cramped for space and now that I have this great big keyboard I didn't know what to do with all that space. My issue resolved itself in a matter of a few days to a week. I now have had my phone about 6 weeks and don't have that issue any more.
p.

CovKid66 10-23-2009 12:01 PM

No advice here either sorry, but I thanked ya for the tip on how to actually add a period! Never thought to try that before now ;)

Nagrom Nniuq 10-23-2009 06:44 PM

Why in the world would you put a double space in the middle of a sentence? Are you one of those people who writes sentences like, OMG !!! I AM SO LUKING FOUR U111!!

Anyhow, there appears to be no conceivable reason where someone would be putting a double space and not wanting a period, but look through the registry as that is where the setting would be. I highly doubt anyone is going to take any time to try to "fix" this for you.

Richcop 10-23-2009 06:51 PM

Hey, I don't put the double space on purpose, just I don't think it makes the space and hit it again once in a while, but then instead of a space its a period in the middle of my sentence :( I mean you can control if it automatically adds a capital for the first word of each sentence under the input settings. I just can't see why there is not setting to stop the automatic period from happening. Does that make it a little clearer Nagrom? You sarcasim certainly did not help. As I saw from peoples replies, I am not the only one that would like to resolve this. Thanks to all!

Boo Boo 10-23-2009 06:53 PM

dont do a quick double space, problem solved

WhiteBlazer01 10-23-2009 07:33 PM

I love this feature! I'll type like I'm trying to break the keyboard, but I don't double space in the mid dle of a sen tence. .