PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92092)

jmorton10 10-25-2009 09:39 AM

Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kern417 (Post 1262818)
i dont see how this is any different from the people that wanted the sleep button disabled when the keyboard is open. all they have to do is not hit the sleep button right??

I get your point, but that is totally different.

It is almost impossible for me to use the hardware KB without the top button disabled as the way I hold it my finger curls around & rests right on that button.

The KB period thing on the other hand, I never even realized it did that until I read it here......

~John

kern417 10-25-2009 08:13 PM

Re: While texting with hardare keyboard, it keeps adding a period if I double space?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1262879)
I get your point, but that is totally different.

It is almost impossible for me to use the hardware KB without the top button disabled as the way I hold it my finger curls around & rests right on that button.

The KB period thing on the other hand, I never even realized it did that until I read it here......

~John

i understand that and it wasn't really a comment directed to you. but i have never hit the keyboard by mistake and usually if i'm texting i turn off the backlight with the keyboard out so i dont have to keep sliding it.

basically just saying to each his own, but there was no need for the put down comment earlier.

Wozzer 03-18-2010 09:45 PM

Anyone happen to figure out if there's a registry key that controls this? Can anyone provide guidance on where to look and what kind of naming schema to look for?

Auto-periods are particularly annoying when ending sentences with smiley faces or other emoticons, no one wants this:

"That was fun :-). Wanna do it again?"

We want this:
"That was fun :-) Wanna do it again?"

Justified enough? Perhaps the OP would have received a warmer response if his username wasn't "Richcop", (few people like the rich or cops, having both in there is just asking for trouble ;-)

mdavis735 03-18-2010 10:11 PM

some people must just be bored.doesnt make sense to post in a thread being a jerk to someone for not reason.i have a very sensative space bar and have had the same problem.

austin420 03-18-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wozzer (Post 1640055)
Anyone happen to figure out if there's a registry key that controls this? Can anyone provide guidance on where to look and what kind of naming schema to look for?

Auto-periods are particularly annoying when ending sentences with smiley faces or other emoticons, no one wants this:

"That was fun :-). Wanna do it again?"

We want this:
"That was fun :-) Wanna do it again?"

Justified enough? Perhaps the OP would have received a warmer response if his username wasn't "Richcop", (few people like the rich or cops, having both in there is just asking for trouble ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdavis735 (Post 1640120)
some people must just be bored.doesnt make sense to post in a thread being a jerk to someone for not reason.i have a very sensative space bar and have had the same problem.

ahhhh noob fight!!!!!!!!! lol

Mojary 03-18-2010 11:47 PM

maybe the OP meant when you end your sentence and put the necessary punctuation mark. but when you double space to start the new sentence, the second spacing automatically adds the period. my phone didnt start doing this 'til recently and it was bugging me. thought i was the only one having this "issue". but it with me though, it doesn't happen all the time. but it does happen each time on facebook using my phone.

piranah 03-19-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq (Post 1258833)
Why in the world would you put a double space in the middle of a sentence? Are you one of those people who writes sentences like, OMG !!! I AM SO LUKING FOUR U111!!

Anyhow, there appears to be no conceivable reason where someone would be putting a double space and not wanting a period, but look through the registry as that is where the setting would be. I highly doubt anyone is going to take any time to try to "fix" this for you.

people type how they are going to type. i text differently to my girl than i do to a buddy or my mom. its all in your relationship to the person. and yes i am a male, and i have typed like that to my girl, mainly to make fun. normally when texting or typing, i do this...where i add a couple periods at the end of a sentence...mainly to make it easier for some of my friends to understand the end of a sentence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1258958)
I love this feature! I'll type like I'm trying to break the keyboard, but I don't double space in the mid dle of a sen tence. .

how about when you start a text, get distracted and forgot you put a space in after a word? this is not just a concern for one person, as you can see from the other posts in this thread. what if they are trying to do a quick text and dont wanna fuss with the period? or on a longer text and look up at something and forgot they put a space? we are human after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq (Post 1259952)
The sarcasm was because you are asking for a fix for something that does not need to be fix. Real people don't have problems with putting double spaces in the middle of their sentences or words. Just don't hit the space bar 2 times and your "problem" is solved. You will also notice I told you where to look, but evidently you are too lazy and want someone else to do it for you.

asking for a fix that does not need to be fix? lol, guess you are a real person...mistakes happen. and it might need a fix to somebody, other than you. hmmm. how many roms have you used? bet you found some stuff that needed "fixing" yet wasnt a concern to the chef.

or what if, like some people are saying, they have a sensitive spacebar, or type really hard on the keyboard and do it on accident, guess its their fault that there is a feature they dont like, shame on them, shame on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richcop (Post 1260944)
Nagrom,

Its funny, some other people seem to understand and it bothers them also. If it does not affect you, why don't you get a life and move to the next thread. I see threads on here that don't seem to have any purpose for me, but I don't stop and offer useless sarcasm. Thanks to everyone for the input. I was just wondering if there was a quick cab to fix this floating around as I am only going on my second year with Windows Mobiles devices and have read through almost every thread that looked relevant.

welcome to the club...its a long journey

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1640154)
ahhhh noob fight!!!!!!!!! lol

i got the beer....

sprintgirl 03-19-2010 01:23 AM

this is a built in shortcut feature. it can also be found on the bb. and u guys are mean! be nice! i dont know if it can be changed or not...i would look for shortcut settings.

PhoneTek 04-15-2010 03:16 AM

this feature really sucks. Because it would end my sentence with three periods ... and the person would think I'm being sarcastic or bored.

nrfitchett4 04-15-2010 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneTek (Post 1700241)
this feature really sucks. Because it would end my sentence with three periods ... and the person would think I'm being sarcastic or bored.

how many spacebar presses does it take to get 3 periods???
:twisted: