PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How did you get the tv out/video out to work on the touch pro 2?

Well the blue wire snip works for sure and it is really easy to do to open up the TP sound dongle. Just carefully line up the blade of a small pocket knife on the corners and press just a bit and twist and the seam will pop open. The blue wire is kinda under so you won't see it right away but just snip it and move it so the ends can't short on anything and it really works. Oh like everyone said before, using a standard cam corder cable just connect red to yellow and your good to go. Not that Sprint TV is anything great but why would they disable it with the TV out makes no sense other than makes it watchable for more viewers at a time and maybe that could make Sprint Tv over burden the system. Sounds dumb but who knows. I hooked up mine to my AAXA M1+ micro projector to test. Now if someone really has the Sprint Tv with TV out cure then post solution or post a link to the solution you found. I will if I find anything.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touchpro 2
Carrier: sprint

diamond35c is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hi, a noob here. i am no geek and i don't own guns but i like to hang with geeks who own guns. i read this entire thread last night because i didn't want to post superfluous info but apparently my discovery is unique. i bought a tp2 about 10 days ago and it came with the 6.1 wm rom. i bought this cheap tv out cord from ebay (item # 150411150074). i found that i could stream anything (including sprint tv) with no trouble except that the little message box telling me that i could not use the cord with the tv application was in my way. eventually i found that i could touch my fingernail to the top border of that message box and drag it down out of the way and watch whatever. Yesterday i downloaded and flashed my rom with the official wm 6.5 upgrade from here:http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/ and i cannot stream now. Now when i touch anywhere on the top border of the message box it acts as if i touched the OK box and quits.

A real geek should be able to examine the differences in the tv out registry entries between wm 6.1 and wm 6.5 and give us the appropriate hack to make this message box draggable again.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

OK UPDATE...

I see this guy hasn't cleared up his mystery, enough is enough.
His trick is to move the error msg off of the screen. That's it. Read my earlier post. I actually saw this in an ebay post PRIOR to his PMing me on it. My error msg doesn't move, no way no how... I've got all the latest newest ROM's on 6.55... perhaps some of the earlier ROM's you could do this... not on mine.

AGAIN: he simply drags the error msg off of the screen! No magic at all. Yea.. what a joke (but it has apparently worked for some)..

Guessing on an old 6.1 ROM you could drag the message box off the screen as described in the post above.

+1 on figuring out a way to reg edit & get the Sprint TV to work with Video out with a reg edit & moving the error msg box.

Last edited by teradog; 07-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2