PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got the "Roaming Only" thing working

I tested it, and works great. Use a registry editor, and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSett ing

Change the ItemCount to 3

Add a String Value called "ItemName3" with the string being "Roaming Only"

Add a DWORD called "ItemValue3" with the DWORD Data being "5" (in Decimal)

Do not enter the quotation marks in the directions above. After exiting the program, wait a minute or 2 and then shut the phone off, wait a few seconds for good measure, and turn it on again. Or soft-reset by taking the back cover off (big hassle), or use the soft-reset program floating around.

You can get a free registry editor here:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Last edited by TheBundo; 10-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work
Re: I got the "Roaming Only" thing working

I'm confused... Why is this useful? Why would you want to roam?
Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I tested it, and works great. Use a registry editor, and got to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSett ing

Change the ItemCount to 3

Add a String Value called "ItemName3" with the string being "Roaming Only"

Add a DWORD called "ItemValue3" with the DWORD Data being "5" (in Decimal)

Do not enter the quotation marks in the directions above. After exiting the program, wait a minute or 2 and then shut the phone off, wait a few seconds for good measure, and turn it on again. Or soft-reset by taking the back cover off (big hassle), or use the soft-reset program floating around.

You can get a free registry editor here:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

BIG THANKS! (and Thanks given)..I was looking for this; had it on my TP1 but couldn't find it!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
I'm confused... Why is this useful? Why would you want to roam?
When it is in automatic, while you are in a weak area on your system, in and out of service, it will keep jumping back to your own carriers weak signal whenever possible, even though the roaming carrier has excellent signal all the way through. Hence, when going through a bad area for your carrier, with this hack you can force it to stay on the good carrier until you get into an area better for your own carrier.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Very sweet. It works as you've advertised, so I hit the thanks button for you. Nicely done sir!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Newsie and More

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

with the new 450 plan would you use mins if your roaming???
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jmalu84 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
All Sprint plans include roaming...and I am pretty sure it is the same for all other carriers...if you go to sprint or any other carriers website...you can see that the plans include roaming (including sprints new plan)
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalu84 View Post
All Sprint plans include roaming...and I am pretty sure it is the same for all other carriers...if you go to sprint or any other carriers website...you can see that the plans include roaming (including sprints new plan)
I would check this...I "believe" the new Mobile everything plans, charge for Roaming minutes...I have a call into my rep for this, but if true, may not be a good deal for me (I travel a lot)...When I hear back, I will let you know...unless someone else knows for sure?
Old 09-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jmalu84 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I would check this...I "believe" the new Mobile everything plans, charge for Roaming minutes...I have a call into my rep for this, but if true, may not be a good deal for me (I travel a lot)...When I hear back, I will let you know...unless someone else knows for sure?
There's the answer to roaming charges for Sprints new plan...it says No Roaming and I also chatted with the online help and they stated that Roaming is free...you can double check for yourself to be 100% certain...

Old 09-12-2009, 04:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
yes it would!

Quote:
wrong!!

Quote:
There's the answer to roaming charges for Sprints new plan...it says No Roaming and I also chatted with the online help and they stated that Roaming is free...you can double check for yourself to be 100% certain...

wrong as well... here:this is Sprints offical page on the new plan , notice it says NO Roaming http://anymobileanytime.sprint.com/?...P_Freedom_Plan its says "Excludes calls made to international numbers or while Roaming" right on it...

hope that helps... roaming, will use your regular minutes(the 450) for the anymobile anytime..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2