PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Voice Command Caller Anouncement over BT (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83798)

nybdby 09-10-2009 01:18 PM

Voice Command Caller Anouncement over BT

Has anyone been able to get the called announcement & text announcements to work over bluetooth? This was my favorite function of my tp1.

jrog27 09-10-2009 01:33 PM

Re: Voice Command Caller Anouncement over BT

In your bluetooth advanced options, there is a box that says play system announcments through headset, you need to click it and also have it setup correctly in voice command.

northernpenguin 09-10-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nybdby (Post 1154379)
Has anyone been able to get the called announcement & text announcements to work over bluetooth? This was my favorite function of my tp1.

For Voice Command:

Settings -> All Settings -> Personal -> Voice Command -> Notifications -> Announce Notifications using Bluetooth hands free (only | if available)

Also in Voice Command, you will need to ensure each notification you want is actually enabled in the corresponding section (Calendar, Contacts, etc)

If you want system sounds in your bluetooth headset (things like the new mail sound):

Comm Manager -> Configure Bluetooth -> Settings (sprockets) -> Advanced (Additional Setup Options) -> + -> Audio (Hands-free related settings) -> Play system sounds on remote hands-free device

nybdby 09-10-2009 04:38 PM

Thanks! I got the text to work but the caller anouncement is still not working. I will continue to change the settings.

haus 09-10-2009 04:41 PM

There is an option, "announce incoming calls", in the phone section of MSVC on all the versions I've ever used (up to the TP stock ROM). Do you have that on your TP2?

BenC 09-10-2009 08:47 PM

It works, but there have been a couple of times when it insisted on continuing to announce the call 3 or so times, hence I disabled it.

boggsie 09-10-2009 09:09 PM

I saw a news post regarding inconsistent Voice Command behavior, which was attributed to a non-Microsoft bluetooth stack.

I don't have a Touch Pro 2, but I will be watching this closely.

If it turns out that this has had a dramatic impact on the usability of MSVC on the TP2, I would be in awe of the short-sightedness of this decision on the part of HTC.

As strange as it might seem to some, this would be a deal-breaker for me and the TP2 !

I absolutely depend on Voice Command as I have a long commute and often use that time to catch up with business contacts (networking), family and friends. I used to use push e-mail, but I now use IMAP4 for my mail connection. The point being, that I am dark throughout the day and use Voice Command to review e-mail (by subject, being announced as received in bulk on the drive home) and this helps me to decide if I have an important message to which I must respond, as soon as I arrive at home. Again, if the TP2 breaks this usability feature, I can't see it being a realistic option for me.

Again, if true, I wonder if this is something that a custom ROM could resolve?

Can folks elaborate on their experience regarding usability of MSVC on the TP2?

Best regards,
-boggsie

guitardoc64 09-10-2009 09:17 PM

Try this registry hack. I was having issues with it not announcing on my latest ROM and this fixed it.
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

The Doctor 09-10-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 1155772)
Here is that news post about non Microsoft Bluetooth stack...

I think that's the wrong link, it takes me to the TP2 defects thread...

I would like to see the news post though.

BenC 09-10-2009 11:54 PM

Deal breaker? I used it extensively with the TP1 and though I want it, the TP2 has features that I consider a bit more important.