PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How's your battery life so far? Let's discuss ways to prolong battery life... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83753)

myhollowworld2 08-09-2009 09:34 AM

Touch Pro 2 charging issues?

this will essentially be the breaking point for me.my questio, i guess just telus users can help out here, is does the Tp2 have the same heat issues as the original? such as, when talking/using data with the charger on, it eventually stops. that is my biggest gripe with the tp. i consider it a defect, and if the tp2 is the same, im thinking about going pre...sorry for the bad grammar, updating from my phone.

O'Neil Mitchell 08-09-2009 09:41 AM

Re: Touch Pro 2 charging issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 (Post 1090216)
this will essentially be the breaking point for me.my questio, i guess just telus users can help out here, is does the Tp2 have the same heat issues as the original? such as, when talking/using data with the charger on, it eventually stops. that is my biggest gripe with the tp. i consider it a defect, and if the tp2 is the same, im thinking about going pre...sorry for the bad grammar, updating from my phone.

I have ot noticed any over heating issues as of yet

Dr.8820 08-09-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 1090222)
I have ot noticed any over heating issues as of yet

keep us posted please! i want to see if htc has stepped up or fell off!

gTen 08-09-2009 10:24 AM

I would like to know this as well..I heard rumors they fixed it but this was even before it came out...

The easiest way to confirm it is if you run wmwifirouter while charging.

Dr.8820 08-09-2009 10:51 AM

or make a phone call while charging!

gTen 08-09-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.8820 (Post 1090302)
or make a phone call while charging!

wmwifirouter is a easier test because you don't have to be present...you can even leave it over night and see if your phone is still alive lol

CovKid66 08-09-2009 11:49 AM

Had mine about a week now and no heat problems like there were with the TP. I've used it a lot over the past week and not noticed a heat issue at all. I've used it on battery, whilst charging, wifi on for extended periods, etc.

EDIT: Just a side note as I re-read the OP. Seems like the question was not just "did it get hot", but also "does it stop charging after it gets hot". I can't actually say I've noticed if it stopped charging during extended use sorry...just that it did not get hot.

myhollowworld2 08-09-2009 11:50 AM

For the most part, any data will work. Whether it be browsing from the phone, tether via usb or wifi, when this thing's plugged in it gets hot, quick! Although, I did notice when it's idle and connected, it will charge.

This is an old issue with the TP, and like I said, I feel it's a defect. I mean, come on, not being able to talk on your phone and have it charge? That's just absurd. I really hope they fixed this in the TP2, because if I recall correctly it was just the heat sensor not allowing the phone to continue charging for fear of overheating.

So if someone could investigate, that would be greatly appreciated. I haven't heard it mentioned elsewhere, ie reviews or other websites.

myhollowworld2 08-09-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covkid66 (Post 1090366)
Had mine about a week now and no heat problems like there were with the TP. I've used it a lot over the past week and not noticed a heat issue at all. I've used it on battery, whilst charging, wifi on for extended periods, etc.

Awesome, glad to hear. Hope others are experiencing the same results.

leanne 08-09-2009 02:18 PM

I talked on mine for about 15 minutes the other day while it was plugged in charging and didn't experience any heat issues.....