PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ajent is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to ajent Send a message via AIM to ajent Send a message via MSN to ajent Send a message via Yahoo to ajent
Couple music questions

While using the TP, I still used instinct for my mp3 player. I had a folder on a 4gb mini-sd card called "Music".
In that folder there was all of my music in "Artist - Song.mp3" format.
In winamp I made sure I had all the right album names for the songs. Then all the album art was just pictures in the same folder titled *Album*.jpg (*Album* was named after each songs album). Every song then displayed the proper album art.
However now on the TP2 it no longer works, and only 1 album art picture is used for All songs. Any idea how I should rename the picture or place them in another folder so it will display properly? I am using the same Mini-sd card that was in the instinct.

Also, is there a way to turn off the screen while music is playing? When I press the button, everything shuts off, including music play.

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Couple music questions

in my TP experience you need a artist>album>title heiarchy for your folders...

i had issues b4, i gave this solution the other day and it worked for him too, but DL s2p and turn it on... now close it... go back at look at your folders, all your folders should now have their own folder.jpg

i used a PC app, mp3tag, to edit all my music.... media monkey works good too...

you probably dont need the folder structure, you just need to encode the mp3 with the image... then it will display in any media device, if it supports album art

**edit** for your screen, you need something like xpshutoff... common app, very skinnable... just make sure u get the one formatted for your screen or it may not look right
Old 09-09-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to ajent Send a message via AIM to ajent Send a message via MSN to ajent Send a message via Yahoo to ajent

Thanks a lot buddy, I'll give this a shot tonight.

I was looking for a better tag program.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I realize that if I put "~hTC_" in front of the album name, it will work how i've got it set up. so it would go from album1.jpg album2.jpg to ~hTC_album1.jpg ~hTC_album1.jpg

However, for some reason all my songs are showing up two times now, when i'm trying to scroll through song lists. Only in manilla, works in WMP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2