PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:08 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Dead Pixels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
A problem is a problem. There are always problems with phones.

It is a great phone whether you chose to think so or not. Everything comes with its flaws.

As long as you sprint guys don't have keyboards dying left right and center... I think it'll be great.

i agree, this phone is miles beyond the tp1, no offense but if yall are that picky as to 3 pixels outta thousands and can only see it when ya trying to take a picture of your hand, then ya gonna be waiting a long time for a phone that is gonna fit your needs, cause like mighty mike said, all phones will have their flaws, the double almost triple the battery life and massive screen and hopefully no dying keyboard is enough for me to say Its worth the money and I made a good choice, i too have 2 or 3 pixels out or whatever the heck ya call it, but i dont ever take pics so close up that i can only see black to notice......

on the other hand, everyone is entitled to their opinion so, if it bugs ya hell, get another.... but i think yall crazy.... unless it starts getting worst that is...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Re: Official Touch Pro 2 defects thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ok.. as much as I dont like the fact that HTC still refused to get the drivers.. I might get this phone if I get it really cheap. But I have seen many threads pop up describing problems with it. So for the sakes of collecting data... lets put the official comfirmed flaws in here so people can see. We all remember the dreaded white spot and its sibling on the Mogul right?

If you can suggest more comfirmed issues please post and I will update the list. And this is in no way to start a flame war but rather to inform future buyers.

1= (Sprint) Dead Pixels on LCD

2= (Sprint) Odd color Halo in the screen right above the USB port

3= (Sprint) Keyboard slides and tears the plastic stickers that protects it from scratching the device

4= (Sprint) Screen Tilt Woobles

5 = (Telus Users) Battery Door Bulges Out At Sides

6 = (Telus Users) Spacebar makes clicking noise (result of bulges on battery door)

I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 that I got from EVP on 9/4 (ordered on 9/2).
I have no dead pixels, no odd color, my keyboard has no scratches- BTW those plastice sticker were meant to be removed much like the new plastic strip covering a new printer, Screen tilt is rock solid, battery door is absolutely flush- no bulge, and thank goodness no clicking sound (yet..lol). The phone looks so much better than what I imagined and is simply to me the best on the market right now.
You claim to be objective with HTC products but reality seem to consistently dicatate otherwise. I think your time might be better served telling people about the I-Phones exploding batteries, discolored screen and the host of other problems people have found with them. Personally as much as the I-Phone cant be matched in beauty, it is nothing more than a an I-Touch with a phone on it. By comparison my Pro 2 is pretty much a laptop computer despite its faults. Time will ultimately tell as to the duarability of the device but for now I am thoroughly impressed and would not trade it for anything. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It would be a lot better if there was a way to quantify the issues in the first post.

For example, while I'm not thrilled about the results of the poll below, it at least provides some level of data to back up the issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/poll...ts&pollid=1599

Last edited by 8notime; 09-09-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: added link for poll
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 AM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

The bulging door and clicking spacebar seem to br related to Not taking stylus out before removing bat cover. At least thats what ive been reading.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Got myself 4 dead pixels actually. I'll get it replaced but really if this is my only problem with the device, I'll be fine.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

pbeaul is keeping up the good workpbeaul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
1= (Sprint) Dead Pixels on LCD

2= (Sprint) Odd color Halo in the screen right above the USB port

3= (Sprint) Keyboard slides and tears the plastic stickers that protects it from scratching the device

4= (Sprint) Screen Tilt Woobles

5 = (Telus Users) Battery Door Bulges Out At Sides

6 = (Telus Users) Spacebar makes clicking noise (result of bulges on battery door)
Upon closer inspection of my Device (Telus TP2) the only "defects" if you can call them that are:

4, screen does have a slight wobble (like ~1/8ish) once it has been tilted. If you only slide it out, it's stiff.

5, there's very minor bulging of the battery door... never noticed it till just now (mine is less than 1 mm, but it's there and visible to the touch/a good eye).

I don't really see either of those "defects" affecting the device for me. So far, I'm pretty pleased with the build quality.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was going to start a thread last night with what I consider serious defects, after reading through hundreds of posts on dozens of threads. But the BIG difference in my thread is that it was going to be about functionality issues, like IE crashing after a certain amount of time, the return to the home screen after it goes to sleep, etc. I don't personally care too much about cosmetics, but rather about productivity loss due to faulty software or hardware. But that's me - I keep my cars mechanically maintained, but rarely wash them. I just don't want crashes, weird behavior, etc., on the part of this phone.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

For those who do not have these issues then consider yourself lucky. Like msny Htc ppcs, its a hit and miss on getting a flawless phone. Just like the Pro1, some have never had a issue with the kb, but alot have had th kb die within the first 3 months.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 AM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
For those who do not have these issues then consider yourself lucky. Like msny Htc ppcs, its a hit and miss on getting a flawless phone. Just like the Pro1, some have never had a issue with the kb, but alot have had th kb die within the first 3 months.
I don't understand this fascination with "flawless". Nothing man makes is flawless. Keyboards going out are a bigger problem, by FAR, than scratches between the halves of the phone. That's not even a slight issue, in the least, to many of us. I certainly hope the keyboard issues don't re-appear, that has been a 4 (or is it 5) time issue for me with the Mogul. But I just call for another on TEP, no biggie really. Especially since this one has such a great on-screen keyboard to use while waiting for a replacement. All my laptops eventually get issues, and they get beat up a lot less than a phone. It just seems that a great topic title got off on the wrong foot, with a bunch of mostly trivial "problems".
Old 09-09-2009, 02:18 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i agree, this phone is miles beyond the tp1, no offense but if yall are that picky as to 3 pixels outta thousands and can only see it when ya trying to take a picture of your hand, then ya gonna be waiting a long time for a phone that is gonna fit your needs, cause like mighty mike said, all phones will have their flaws, the double almost triple the battery life and massive screen and hopefully no dying keyboard is enough for me to say Its worth the money and I made a good choice, i too have 2 or 3 pixels out or whatever the heck ya call it, but i dont ever take pics so close up that i can only see black to notice......

on the other hand, everyone is entitled to their opinion so, if it bugs ya hell, get another.... but i think yall crazy.... unless it starts getting worst that is...
I agree. These folks must not remember the old Sony Trinitron, with the visible support wire about 2/3 of the way down the screen. I grew up in a time when folks used their shiny chrome bumbers to push start each others cars, or push their fellow man off the road to safety, without batting an eye about scratches. They were BUMPERS, after all, for BUMPING. Now everyone freaks out when anyone parks to close, or they get a little scratch. Ah, when men were men..............

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2